The Ominous Timer (Second Thread)

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Because nobody actually goes *into* the Discussion forum, and because damnit it's our forum and we'll put topics in the wrong places if we want to:

Discuss the Ominous Timer here.

What does it mean?

2. mining

mining Member

It's a red herring, to lure us away from the fact it'll actually be released in two minutes time.

ghostyTrickster likes this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think it's made in COBOL.

4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's how long before one of Gaslamp asks me out on a date.

Better go shopping for some new jeans, then.

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It is the amount of time the orphanage has to pay the ransom on the urchins before they are put in the "Lost and Found". (AKA WidowMaker.)

6. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

It shows when GLG's plan for the world dominancy starts.

7. It is the time until they announce the winner of their "Who can come up with the most amusing meaning for this Ominous Timer" contest.

Also the time until they announce it because it's a Secret Contest. Everyone involved wears enormous hoods, that's how you know it's secret.

Also this post is part of their disinformation campaign to make you THINK that this is a disinformation campaign trying to make you THINK a person made all this up as a joke on the forum. Of course that disinformation campaign is just a decoy.

Also everyone is actually clones of the Eris. The greek goddess, not the discordian one.

8. It's the time we have left to solve the 'mad man rumblings' puzzle.

9. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Do they use secret passwords? Secret and ridiculous passwords. Something like on the beginning of Pratchett's book Guards! Guards! Or even more. On a second thought, that may be a bit too much.

10. Warlock

Warlock Member

ODIN! [/thread]

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Z̢̡̝̫͚̙̮̲̲̬͖̪͙͙͎̳̗͖̑̾̀̑ͥ̓̀͂̌̈͂͠a͆̃̓ͤͦ͛̑ͫ́̄ͭ̆̊͑́҉͙͕̘̥̦̺͉͔̥͖̭̻̦̗̺͜l̛̙̞̲͔̱̠͙͖̳͉̼̖̗͙̭̬̒ͬ̎̿̄̄́ͅg̷̸̳̝̙̹͚̬̰̘̱̩̗̳͇̹̿̍̑ͪ̅́̌ͨ̿̀͡ó̷̧̧͚̤̥͕̳͖͕͙̣̩̮̭̫̥̯̏ͨ̃̊̄̽́̂̎̄͡ ̡̡̧̣͇̪̼̱̲͙͕̞̅͂̉ͬͩ̊̍̊̿ͧ͛̑͂͗̎̉̓ͅa̢̬͓̹͓̮̠̣̫̞̠̦̥̣͋ͧ̃͌̈́̄̅̑̽̏ͯ͆ͬ́͂̈r̸̡̺̖̝̠̾̏̇ͫ͢͝͠r̨͇̗̮̜̼͓͙̟̠̎̐̍ͤ̿͢iͪ̽̔̉̇̽̑͂ͨ̊͗͏͟҉҉̖̻̱̖v̨̨͓̱͉͇͎͙̬̟̤̪̲̎ͮ̔̓͌͆̀ͨ͋̌̄̿̐ͤͪ̿́͜ͅe̓͋̐͗́͂̒̎̋̓͑ͤ̃̉̌͑ͧ̀͢҉̖̱̖͔̟̱͍̰́͡s̸̨̲̺͓̳̣̥̯͌ͩ̒͌̇̑̆ͪ͐͂̽ͥͮͪ̓ ̵̨̛̩̹͕̲̹̖̰̮̘̼̪͂̀̀̀́̾ͯ͐ͨͫ̽̍̋̅͐w̢̛̖͉̹͚̫̪͔̣̗̍͐̔́͜ĥ̈̃ͮͫ̀̋͛ͩ́͑͐̌̾̈̽̇҉̰̯̼̳̬e͊̆͂̂̌҉̵̨̡͙͚̣̦̮͚͉̭̭̀n̢ͤͫ͂̏͛̍̚͡͠҉͔̝̣̮̦̥̟̮̩̙͍?̡̜̖͓̗̣̲͎̮̹̖͍̦̱͙͉̦͒͛̌͗ͭ͛̌̑ͭͭ͡ ̵̴̰̳̙̺͕͔͍̔ͥͤͭ͆̑͝ͅ(̧̼̩̳̯̭̗̠͍̪̂̏́͋ͣ͐̈ͨ̎̐̿ͣ͐͛͟͞͠C̢͉̘͖̼̦̗̺̓̄ͣ̄ͩ̄͊ͦ̓ͥ̿ͦ̀̇̃̕͟h̷̨̨̎̏͊̏͌̈̎̅̒̃͛ͧͦ͘͏̼̪̲̫̼̫ͅẻ̛͕͚̞̘͙͖̭͉̻̲ͮ̈́ͣ̈́̃̉͛̌̄̑͊̈̀ç̶̵̸̮̣̣̰̰̜̭̱̦͖̩̣̳͎͖̻̊̇ͨ̃ͪ̒ͪ̂̏̆̚͢ͅḳ̷̹͍͍̹̮̭̩̬̎̍̐ͬͪ͊̔̽ͦ͒̓̂͆̚͘ ̳̟̘̱̍̅ͮ̿͗͆̏̾ͨ̐́G̻̻̞̯̭̗̬̯̃ͪ̌̌ͣͪ̕͞a̡͉͍͈̯̜̗͚̹̟͍̘ͥͦͮ͂̉ͣ̓͛̋ͦ̏̋ͧͤ͟s̸̔͒̏ͯ̃͑̊̌̄̔͒͛ͨ̔̌͢͏͏̛̞̠̮̬̬͉̥̤̯̭͔͕̞l̴̪͎̳̗̺͖͉̼͎͔̜̠͑́̑̉̚͞ä́́̑ͯ̄̑ͬ̅͋ͥ̉҉̧̡̪͉̞̩͕̟͈̫̀m͛ͮ̂ͭ̓̒̌ͫͫ̄̇́͢͢͡͏̱̘̲͔̥͔̥̰̘̘͔͍̮̫͖̬̱̰ͅṕ̶̜̪̜̮ͧ̐͑̂͂̓ͨͤ̑̍̐̅̅̎ͤ̋̚͘͞ ̵̧̛͖̯̖̝͂̆̆̐Ğ̶̶͙̣̱̘̲̹͓̦̼͒ͩ͆̐ͯͪͫͤ̚͡a̋̌ͤ͋͛ͮ̋͒ͣ͆͡͏̟̲̣̭͈̻̙̞̯̞͚̪m̐̋ͥ͒̓̀ͯ̆͗̿͏̶͏̡̹̖̲͇͕̩̲͖̰͎͉̟̹͍̳͈e̵̡̼̘̮͖̙͍̳̻̓̉̑̈́̂ͬ͛ͧͪ̽ͩͤ͊͗̏͆ͦ̀s̴̻̭̺̹͙̥̻͐ͫ͑͛̂ͪ̈͢͜.̆ͤ͐̿̑̿̍̔̾҉̨̮͇̺̗͈͍͇͍͕̼͢ ̷̗̺͕͔̭̲͖͗̃̓̔̓͊̊̀̊̽ͨ́̚T̵̡̛̛̝͕͎͖̘͇̹̝̆͌͆̓̊͌ͦ̈̎͆ͭ̿ͦ̓͒̕h̡̝̻̤͓̻̤̝̲̱̋̔̇̈́ͧ́͜ͅe̵̲̫͔̲̻̗̪̱̺͎ͤ̓͒̾̋̑̏̀͜͝͝y̨̛̠̯̩̮̩̗͍͈̬̣̰̭̲͍̘͆͒͒ͧ̕ ̵̧̜̼̗͔̮̬̃ͣ͑͂̐ͣͯͬ̅̌́͛ͣ̌͛ͅh̵͂̈́ͮ̊̑̔̊͗̀̇ͯͮ̇ͨ͒́́͏҉̳̦͚̯͔̲͖͍̯̲̭̳̝ͅa̎̋̍̋̐̉͆̎̍̓̌̊ͪ͌ͨͦ̚҉̣͎͙̟͎̫͔͎̠̠͕̣̬̪̳̭v̶̸̧̯̩͚̖͙̿̇ͥ͗͆́͢e̢̥̹̺̖͍̻̫̭͈̻ͤ͌̽͑̀͌̏̾̚ͅ ̷̛͈̥̺͚̮̣̲͔̙͍̪̗͊̽ͮͮͫͪ͊ͭͯ͒̆ͮͅa̴̘̬͖̺ͭ̂ͧ́͒̐͂̈́̔̓ͩ̔̈́̌̃̎̓́̚͜͠ ͍͖͖̯͇̘̮̳́͑ͣ̌ͮ̅͊̃͒ͣ̑ͬ̃͗ͨͩͦ́͠ͅt̡̺̳̜͓͖̘̹̯̘̰̳͕̺͎̐ͭͫͬͤ̐͌ͧ͘̕͘ͅi̷̳̱̲̼͚̤̫̳̣͓͛ͩ̌ͦ̏̒͝m̴̷̶̦̹̣̱̠̙̭̣̺̰͉̲̮̫̳̹͕͎̯̎̍ͩ̿ͭ͛͑̿̋͛ͨ͊̐̽ͭͥ͊̑̀͠eͤ̎ͣͮͫ͗̆̈́҉̢̼͕͓͎̬̼̩̹͇͜r̸̖̥̰͉̙̜̒͌͆ͨ͌̾̊ͯ́̚͟͜͝.̡̛̣̮̱̥̮̗̝̲̜͙̮̘̥̖́̎͗͆͂ͥ̄ͧͪ͐ͧ̽ͦͪ̏ͬ̃ͧ̉ͅ)̧̬̗̦̳̳̺̟̻̮̫̳̝̦̻̬̬ͫͩ͑͂ͫ̍ͭͪ̅ͬ͂̆̄̅ͫ̚͘

12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Actually, it'll be the day when the Plush Diggles are unleashed upon the world.

Because, y'know, Gaslamp are major teases.

Mashirafen likes this.
  13. Movra

Movra Member

MARCH 5
    MARCH 16
    APRIL 25
    ARGH! THAR BE LIDS BLOWN!

Verendus and Marak like this.
  14. Megaron

Megaron Member

Why, it's obvious.
    It's the amount of time left to August 27th, 2012.
    Which is Our Hero's birthday.

15. Musaab

Musaab Member

Diggle Fortress is nearly upon us!!!

Doc Gelegentlich and Marak like this.
  16. Createx

Createx Member

Does Diggle Fortress contain hats? If not, no buy. Games need more hats.

17. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

It's the time I have to assassinate the Antagonist of Project Odin before the guy who hired me will refuse to pay. (Basically it's my deadline, and if I don't make that deadline, I don't get paid.)

Edit: I have no idea who the Antagonist of Project Odin is. Maybe GLG can give me a hand so I can do my job.

18. The verdant apricot ascends the iridescent tower without the glass jars.

19. More than likely Project Odin real name reveal, screenshots, release date, stuff like that.

However, if its Dredmor 3D, I won't complain

20. They already announced that months ago.

Turbo164 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.