The Golden Crossbow: What does it actually do?

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Nice Warm Soup, Dec 18, 2011.

1. I found this in a chest of evil:

Untitled.png

Without the bonuses from the chest it would be a 1 damage crossbow with -5 accuracy, and yet it seems to do nothing spectacular when attacking.

So why is it so special? clearly there is SOMETHING that it can do, has anyone else had any experience with the weapon?

Maybe it one shots Dredmor, ill be sure to try it >:]

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

3. Ah i see, the effect wasn't showing up / not occuring for me. Thanks a lot for the wiki link (and the wiki itself i suppose :) ), its so far the only site I've seen with some good information regarding the expansion on it.

4. jaybud4

jaybud4 Member

From what I've seen, the new "crossbow on-hit" trigger they've made for the three new special bows is broken.
    A shame, that.

5. Warskull

Warskull Member

Could just be a reference to The Man with the Golden Gun. A Bond movie where the villian used a Golden Pistol and was so good he only ever needed one shot.

dbaumgart likes this.
  6. jaybud4

jaybud4 Member

The trigger (and thus the weapon) has been fixed for 1.0.9.

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

J-factor. I love your wiki. Got it book marked.... but it literally locks my browser for 30+ seconds. I guess it is because it loads everything each time and is up to date, but could it be made to have a start page and load segments instead?

HellsKitchen likes this.