OS X Mountain Lion The game randomly reverts my saves

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by peko, Oct 17, 2012.

1. peko

peko Member

As the titles says, sometimes when I load a game it's like an old version of the save loads instead. I just saved & quit hoping that it'd fix some of the extra hp I got from another bug and suddenly I'm one DL up and two levels lower than I was when I quit. I turned of steam cloud earlier because it was causing similar problems so that's not what's causing the problem. I verified the game cache yesterday.
    Here's three different versions of the same savegames at three different points, the last one right after it did it the last time.
    Is there a way to activate the debug mode in the Mac version, I'd like to give my character the two levels I lost and skip the rest of the level I'm on, then at least I'd be close to where I was when I quit last time.

Attached Files:

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure why you would get reverting if you have the cloud turned off :/

As for the debug mode, yes, right click your game in the Steam Library, then properties, launch options and type in "-debug-flag" without quotations. Pressing "l" in game will level you (and you can check keybindings for more)

3. peko

peko Member

It's quite weird. I'm thinking that it's probably that it failed to save than reverting, now I'm keeping tabs on wether the save files have been updated when I save.
    I had only turned off the cloud in Steams preferences not in the xml-file, I've done so now and so far I haven't had any problems. I'll see if I anything goes wrong now otherwise I'll turn it on in the xml-file and see if the problem pops up again. Not tonight though.
    Ah, I see, I thought you added that flag in Windows, I seem to recall that that's something you can do. Thank you.