The game needs more food

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Warlock, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Warlock

Warlock Member

Just sayin'. All the items have been updated with more things, even drinks. The only update that food received is the potato, from which you make vodka anyway. Welp. A lot of things can be done with meat and potatoes. Maybe turn them into fries in an ingot press, or use the grinder to make them into grated potatoes and stick in the press with salt for instant hash browns? And make some more high-level foods that give buffs even. 90:life:, IMHO, should be the new capstone for regen from food items.

And alcohol from maple syrup, and maple syrup itself, have to both make it in-game.

Bohandas likes this.
  2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Meanwhile, If you feel that the game needs more food, there are plenty of mods that will do that for you.

I would like to see some recipes for using ground meat.

mining, Bohandas and Kablooie like this.
  3. doorhandle

doorhandle Member

I think this is mostly a problem only because there is no icon for vending machines on the minimap.
    Spend some zorkmids and you will be rolling in the foods.

Bohandas likes this.
  4. I don't think he's saying there's not enough food quantity-wise, but rather not enough variety-wise.

And I agree: using potatoes for fries and hash browns would be good.
    Also, we currently have bread+cheese=grilled cheese.
    Why not bread+ground meat = hamburger?

5. doorhandle

doorhandle Member

...Good idea but it would result in bread becoming the infity +1 food, much like diggle eggs.

Granted it's like that anyway, soooo

6. demonfish

demonfish Member

Food recipes that only work at the barbecues. Ground meat + bread + cheese = cheeseburger
    And relax grilled cheese. I'll eat one with one with weird cheese, so why can't I in the dungeon.

eskr likes this.
  7. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Apple + ground Cheese = Fondue :life:

8. shaken

shaken Member

9. Warlock

Warlock Member

I think you mean Applejack/Pear Brandy/Slivovitz (burn the heretic?) + Cheese = fondue.

10. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

I wanna see a Potato Gun :cool:

11. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

To reiterate Ruigi's post: there are plenty of mods that will add food items for you. Faxpax, RR, Dire Gourmand, Sweet, Sweet Swag, etc - all these and more have food items.

12. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Prior to the advent of the pocket dimension, I pretty much loathed mods that added more food, as they quickly compounded the inventory problems. Now that we have wizard boxes, I'm no longer of the opinion that more food is automatically a bad thing. Which reminds me, there were several mods I turned off because of being over-run by all the food. I should reinstall and reevaluate them.

Bohandas and TheKirkUnited like this.
  13. Aegho

Aegho Member

Being a swede... I might go ahead and make a meatball mini-mod that uses ground meat...
    Also potato+ingot press=mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes+meatballs=a classic swedish meal. ;)

Turbo164 and shaken like this.
  14. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Absolutely! We DEFINITELY need more recipes using ground meat! and grated cheese!

15. Warlock

Warlock Member

Potato + Lutefisk + cheese = Janssen's Temptation. :p
    This has to be done.

16. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

Looking at Warlock's avatar, I'm surprised he did not ask for fish.

17. Aegho

Aegho Member

meatballs.png meatballs_and_mash.png mash.png
    Work has begun...

shaken likes this.
  18. Aegho

Aegho Member

I guess the cheese is a standin for the cream... and the lutefisk for anchovis...

19. Aegho

Aegho Member

20. eskr

eskr Member

Whoah. Haven't had a grilled cheese sandwhich in forever.
    ...a gruyere grilled cheese? ...a blue grilled cheese?
    My mind had been blown. Darn it, calorie counting with cheese is so annoying, but I have to make these! :)