The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

Problem: The hotfix exe isn't linked to steam. I cannot update my crafter's helper mod on steam with the new compatible version, because the -publisher flag doesn't work.

2. From what I've seen in other posts, that's a known issue - the hotfix =/= talking to steam. That's planned to be fixed when the actual bugfixing patch comes out.

3. Oooooon the topic of walls breaking, I just went down a level and EVERY wall appears to be destructable on the new floor. But. Not any on the previous floor.

Considering I am using area blast spells with this character, this is kind of dramatic.

4. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

This is a known bug. Occasionally, you will suddenly be able to destroy walls that you shouldn't be able to. I think a save and then a load fixes this issue.

5. Kror

Kror Member

On another note:

<spell name="Polymorphic Injunction" type="target" icon="skills/polymorphic_injunction32.png" >
    <requirements mp="15" mincost="7" savvyBonus="0.2" />
    <effect type="damage" transmutative="4" transmutativeF="0.20" /> <!-- add more? -->
    <effect type="transformmonster" />
    <description text="Using powerful legalese, obtain an injunction against a monster for transformation plus damages." />
    </spell>

Polymorphic Injunction seem like it is supposed to get scaling, yet there is no stat that it scales with.

Edit: Ok my bad. Scales with default.

Also the ingame description of Clockwork Knight states that Smiting will improve the attacks, but thats not the case for any of the powers. Instead "Rocket Jump" AND "Charge of the Steam Brigade" both scale with Tinkering.

6. Aegho

Aegho Member

It scales with the default, which is magic power.

And yes clockwork knight has no smithing scaling. That's a little white lie by the author because he wanted people to use it in conjunction with smithing and tinkering. (Among other things you need both skills to craft the stuff that it provides recepies for).

7. Kror

Kror Member

Well Rouge Scientist grants bonuses to the stated skills aswell but has a power for each to scale of.
    The fact that Clockwork Knight has TWO powers scaling with Tinkering and none for Smiting seems a bit strange though. Maybe someone accidently wrote scaling of 20 instead of 19 for Charge of the Steam Brigade.

8. Aegho

Aegho Member

Nah, I asked the author directly. Also note that you'll basically never apply the tinkering scaling used in charge of the steam brigade. It's only used for the exhaust blast at the start of the jump (3 behind you in the opposite direction of your jump, on take-off).

9. Kror

Kror Member

Hm ok. I just read the xml files. Never trust the wiki :/ It stated that the hit on a monster on landing was scaling it's dmg of of Tinkering,

10. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Tourist's second skill, See the Sights, doesn't subtract Sneakiness correctly (or at all.) You can see this when you take Communism and Tourism. You'll have 5 sneakiness no matter what.

11. Kror

Kror Member

hm I just saw something else in the xml files for thrown weapons skill

<ability name="Monster Toss" icon="skills/monster_toss64.png" skill="5" level="1" >
    <description text="Don't like that monster? Just toss it away!" />
    <recoverybuff amount="5" />
    <spell name="Monster Toss" />
    <secondarybuff id="2" amount="" /> <!-- melee -->
    </ability>

although that it states that it should give a melee buff, it doenst (because the amount isnt set)
    It's not really a bug, but it misses a TODO tag. Just pointing that out :eek:

12. shaken

shaken Member

For Egyptian Magicians, the Call the Nile spell isn't applying The Unconquered Sun buff when they have the Glyph of the Eye of Ra up.

I took a look at Call the Nile spell in the spellDB XML, and found this line:

Code:
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Glyph of Eye of Ra" spell="The Unconquered Sun" percentage="100"/>
    Which I believe should read:

Code:
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Glyph of the Eye of Ra" spell="The Unconquered Sun" percentage="100"/>
    I have tested this fix and it works for me.

13. Kror

Kror Member

Additionall, the Asp Glyp can never proc it's on hit effect because in XML it looks like this

Code:
    <spell name="Asp Target Hit Effect" type="targetfloor" >
       <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Glyph of Sandstorm" spell="Asp Poison Cloud" percentage="50"/>
       </spell>
    unfortunally, there is no Glyph of Sandstorm

14. Kezair

Kezair Member

Pretty sure this is a bug, but maybe it's a..."feature"?
    You can steal stuff from the shops using your Pocket Dimension.
    Pick up whatever you want from the store. Before leaving the store, enter your Pocket Dimension and take a step. You'll get the notification that you stole merchandise and the Dread Collectors music will start, but monsters obviously don't spawn in your Pocket Dimension.
    When you leave, Brax will still be blocking the entrance to the shop, but he's friendly and no Collectors spawn. I got out of his way with teleport, but you might also get him to reset by just dropping an item on an empty pedestal.

Musaab likes this.
  15. Auntyjack

Auntyjack Member

I experienced a crash to desktop in the room with the diggle, the tesla coils and the tempting lever. I'd step up, step back (to trigger the righteousness buff) and each time BAM - back to the desktop.
    It was fine if I just avoided the room altogether.
    I'd upload a save file, but I was crushed by a rutabaga.

16. Bobson

Bobson Member

Any idea whether achivements that would have been earned after applying the patch if it talked to steam (such as maxing out a skill) will be counted once the final patch with steam support is out? Or are they permanently missed for that character?

17. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

"Slightly Unstable" weapons are still causing 100% random blink every time they hit, including counterattacks. This was pointed out as a bug during beta and Nicholas confirmed that it's not how Slightly Unstable is supposed to work, but it's still doing it. May be Mac-specific? It happens every time I've had a weapon become Slightly Unstable via encrusting on my Mac, but haven't heard anyone else report this behavior.

Public Option is sometimes not healing. Most commonly, if I save the game while it is running, when I reload I don't heal from there. But it's also failed to heal in the middle of a play session, so it may be that it's getting resisted? When it fails, it does zero healing for the entire duration of the buff (or the part remaining after reloading if it was active when I saved and quit). I'm experiencing this semi-frequently but not 100% reproducible on command, which is what makes me wonder if it's being resisted at the time of casting.

18. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

The room you're describing is from a mod (Roguish Renovation, IIRC), and should probably be reported to the mod creator instead of here.

19. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

If you are talking about the encrusted weapons, they know about the problem. It's been reported that the unstable proc is happening 100% instead of the normal low percentage that it is supposed to. Hope this helps.

20. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

That explains why I kept spawning random necromantic attacks with my weapon when it got slightly unstable.
    No blinking though. Don't know how that happens.
    Maybe it's different for every weapon.
    All I know is it was just one encrusting, and the weapon magically got slightly unstable. Stupid recursive blades.