The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

The effect type="removebuffbyname" doesn't work on monsters, and this is bad since lots of possible debuff - effect combinations cannot work as intended.

2. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Has the "thrown weapons which are not AoE ignore pathing" thing been adressed anywhere? I think I've seen it mentioned, but just to make sure - you can hit stuff anywhere on the screen with non AoE thrown projectiles as opposed to bolts and granades.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

in 1.12, if you kill a Diggle Geologist who is petrified, then stand over its body, the petrification :dmg_aphyxiative: damage will hit the player. Intended? It could be a nasty way to die.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I don't know if someone said it before, but still this is an old bug, and it's kinda of annoying since it changes the gameplay mechanics.
    Missile traps, like gargoyle faces attacks, jumps over the player if it's triggered by a monster and the player is standing in the middle.
    The inverse, instead, doesn't apply: if a monster is between the gargoyle head and the player, and the player triggers the trap, the monster blocks with its body the attack, suffering it.
    This video I've found randomly shows it clearly.
    Yeah, it's really bad, since half of the traps are just something that helps the player, instead of being something dangerous.

Killer2, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  5. Killer2

Killer2 Member

There was a bug where items with wandcrafting skill and the Diggle god of Secrets would actually give "wand affinity", an obsolete skill, instead of wandcrafting. May have been fixed but I don't think so.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That was a while back and I could swear it was actually fixed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Exile likes this.
  7. Killer2

Killer2 Member

Vitellozzo I don't agree. I find that using traps offensively is very cool, and it's one of the "funny" things of Dredmor, and it requires a bit of strategy too. I don't think it needs to be changed.

OmniaNigrum I will try to check when I get the chance. Wasn't sure if the bug was reported.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Exile likes this.
  9. Killer2

Killer2 Member

That's my thread. I already read it some time ago. I knew it was reported there, but that's a "suggestions" thread, not a bug thread, and I didn't know if any developer looked at it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Do you happen to know if this issue is still present in the current game? I have a fuzzy recollection this was discussed in some form and was on the ever growing todo list of fixes. I could be entirely delusional though...

*Edit* Yeah, I did not even look at who started the thread. Someone wiser than myself at least. :)

Exile likes this.
  11. Killer2

Killer2 Member

I'll try to look into it whenever I find an item with it or a diggle god (however unlikely). Unrelated, how do you use the "quote" function here? I can't seem to find it.

12. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Just click Reply in the message that you want to quote and it is automatically put into the comment box.

Vitellozzo, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Quote 001.jpg Quote 002.jpg
    Those are the two ways. To quote a full post hover over reply as in the first post and click. It will quote the entire post.
    But if you only want a part of the text, the second one works too. It is just a bit more work to get it right.
    *Edit* Ninja'ed by LionsDen.

Exile, Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  14. rydash

rydash Member

The Wand Affinity bug was marked as fixed in the tracker on October 3rd, 2012.

In 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 beta 2's files, this value remains '15' in the XML when it should be '23'. So, yeah, it's still broken, despite what I'd thought.

I shall forward this matter along!

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

That's exactly my point, but I don't think traps placed by Dredmor or his servants can just pass through their enemy (the Hero) and do friendly fire. Not when the opposite doesn't apply.
    It's not like I'm saying the traps shouldn't work on enemies, but they should work good, not in weird ways. If a gargoyle shoots a dart, this dart will simply hit anything first encountered during its fly: a chest box, the body of an enemy, a wall or even the character. Regardless who triggered the trap.
    If you didn't, look at that video I've linked: it shows exactly what I'm talking about, that is the only situation with a bug: a diggle triggers the gargoyle trap while the Hero is standing in the middle, then the shoot simply go through the Hero doing no harm and without stopping motion, and then it hits the diggle which triggered the trap. Even if the body of the Hero was supposed to stop the shot.
    The opposite is just fine: a player can trigger the gargoyle trap to make it shoot hostile enemies in front of the gargoyle. This works fine (the bolt doesn't ignore the enemy searching for the Hero who triggered it) and it's the natural, physical way this should work.
    So why traps shouuld work better for the player? After all, Gargoyle traps cannot even crafted by the player, as opposite of every other trap.

OmniaNigrum and Killer2 like this.
  16. Killer2

Killer2 Member

I understand what you're saying now. You're right, this should be fixed. Traps triggered by monsters that way should hit the player.

17. ZiZNaK

ZiZNaK Member

Hey I apologize if this has already been addressed but it was something I ran into the other day that got me killed. Why is it necessary to step off of the stairs to turn around and go back up/down? Seems kinda buggy to me and a had me frustrumageted recently. Is this like a rule put in so we can't pillar dance with stairs or something? If it's a rule I guess it kinda makes sense although for a game with such high difficulty the players need all the help they can get.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Because it is possible for the tile next to the stairs to be blocked, in which case it is most likely that you want to be able to kill it and then continue exploring instead of just being sent back to the previous/next floor. If you want to get off the stairs when something is blocking them, you take something that gives you teleport, the same way you would go at it when something blocked the doors and you didn't want to face it but had to go through.

19. pizdabol

pizdabol Member

Two bug's I've noticed which don't seem to have been reported. All per version 1.1.2, didn't know there was a 1.1.3 out. I ran a quick search, excuse me if I've missed them being reported before.

Mark of Cthlon stacks what looks like infinitely.
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-178.html

Invisible Geometries can be used to steal from Brax like there's no tomorrow. You can easily waltz in and clean every shop in the level before he even knows what's going on. It looks like you need to make a move for the game to acknowledge you've left a shop with stolen goods, so as long as you don't move and just wait the the three turns recharge you can keep teleporting straight to the stairs. Just make sure you sound the alarm before you leave or the collectors will probably spawn on the next level.

Got a little carried away there. What I mean is Brax doesn't acknowledge you've stolen from him until you make an actual move outside a shop. Casting spells or waiting doesn't provoke the check for stolen goods for sure, I'm also pretty sure I attacked (without moving!) a few monsters that spawned on me while I was teleporting without alarming Brax. I can only suspect interacting with levers\chest won't do so either, neither will using any other means of teleportation. Just plain old boring walking.

http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-170.html --- Here we see Brax has been taken to the cleaners.
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-171.html --- Away we go. Notice the numbers on the screen.
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-172.html --- Three turns after, not a care in the world.
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-173.html --- Again we go. Next ones are pretty self-explainatory
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-174.html --- Had a rift cast to see if it would sound the alarm. Didn't
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-175.html --- And finally I made a move.
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-176.html
    http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1974-177.html

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm downloading 1.1.3 to see how it is there.

darius404, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Brax is not supposed to attack you until you leave the store with stolen goods and a turn passes.

As for the mark, next time you get hit for 1 :dmg_righteous: you will instantly die. Sounds fair to me.

Exile and Kazeto like this.