The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

The Diggle Plague skill (2nd level of Werediggle) doesn't works properly: it is still a spell (a 0mp cast) and not a trigger (chanceofhit and chianceofbeinghit) effect.

2. Bobson

Bobson Member

Good to know. In case Steam auto-updated my copy (which it probably did), can I revert to the last hotfix by re-unzipping it on top? And/or is there any way to restore the other skills? I don't want to lose my most successful character yet (I've finally seen level 4!) to an upgrade issue.

3. Godwin

Godwin Member

Update: Clearing a monster zoo on level 6 worked again, even though a deep fungus diggle was somewhere else entirely, behind a closed door I hadn't opened yet. (also a blink batty was somewhere else, but yeah... they blink (which is a big annoyance that they blink outside of zoos btw... messes with the count etc))

I guess it was wights that had gone through walls or so?

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Magic Gargoyle Bolt weirdness. The trap was where I've highlighted it below, but when I failed to disarm, it shot at the square to my left instead of at me.

[​IMG]

OmniNegro likes this.
  5. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

Apparently nothing's been done with the "stuff appearing in the same spot as other stuff" issue?

[​IMG]

Especially shrines seem to be doing this.

I don't use any mods and have all three expansions (seen this thing happening all the way back before the expansions and with the expansions)

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think that when a level is generated, there is a finite amount of CPU time the game allocated to placing everything. And since the levels are supposed to be random, this naturally leads to the occasional bugs. Usually they are not game-breaking at least.

If you enter the other portal connected to the one that the monolith is on, you arrive standing on the monolith. This does no damage, and is better than the possible layouts where you cannot get to the monolith by any means.

I think the amount of work to make this not happen at all is either surprisingly small or exceptionally large. Which one depends upon if you want the game to crash hard when it cannot generate a level meeting the requirements in time, or not. :D

Exile likes this.
  7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I just transmuted a stack of Mud Wrens. :confused:

OmniNegro likes this.
  8. Onie

Onie Member

I don't know if this is a known but I've been having an issue with the new wizardlands portals. It seems if I put in a wrong code word for the portal and enter it, it will crash the game. Always says that it can't find tesla_coil.png or kitchen_counter.ew and it crashes. This might be intentional because they don't want people just trying random codes and getting in but I have poor handwriting and I think I just wrote one down very poorly and I've been trying to decipher it but it's difficult when it crashes everytime I try.

9. Onie

Onie Member

You know what, I think I just get crashes in general for the portal. I just tried the most recent wizard code thingy I found, which I took great care to transcribe correctly and it crashed.

It's strange because the first two worked for me, I went to Diggle hell and this odd place with bookshelves everywhere, I'm guessing I need a cypher of some kind for that room.

I'm actually pretty frustrated by this bug, I started playing again because of the wizardlands release. :(

10. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I haven't seen this bug myself, but others have commented on it. I'm running Windows XP up to date and using the Steam version of DoD.

What is the code you are having trouble deciphering? I have managed to fix a few codes on the google spreadsheet because I have learned the basic pieces of the code so can figure out badly typed codes in a few tries unless there is more than 2 letters off, then it becomes fairly difficult especially if they are next to each other. :)

11. Onie

Onie Member

All the crashes happen when you try to go through the portal.

The one I first crashed on was Fwzukwnfkullrh(o) or (u) neither work though, I thought it might have been because I wrote it down wrong. Error it gave me was can't find tesla_coil.png, then stops responding.

The second one is Korzancralioochu which I wrote down very carefully because I thought I may have messed up the last one and caused the crash. That one crashes with can't find kitchen_counter , don't remember what the extension was exactly. I would have to go crash it again and I got kind of tired of doing that.

Is this a known issue? I didn't see it in the wizardlands portion of the bugs, I'll try reinstalling again and hope it fixes it. I'm using Win 7 x64 and the Steam version fully updated.

12. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I figured out your first misspelling. It should be Fwzukunfkullrho.

As for the crashing, you could always try running it in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and run it as administrator and see if that fixes your crashing problems. If it does, there may be something about windows 7 that DoD doesn't like. Hope this helps you out anyway. :)

EDIT: kitchen_counter_ew.png and kitchen_counter_ns.png are both part of the second expansion, the You Have To Name The Expansion Pack one. They are supposed to be in the dungeons of dredmor\expansion2\dungeon directory. You may just need to verify your game files with steam. If you don't have the Free YHTNTEP DLC, you can get it from steam. If you don't have and don't want that DLC, you should be able to delete that expansion2 folder from your games directory and be fine.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Sorry Omni, I was editing my post when you posted this. I forgot about the missing file problem he mentioned so I was checking things out and editing in a possible fix for him. :)

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

the Caketown Shield soundbite only works when you manually pick up the item with your mouse, not when you get it by walking over with autoloot.

15. darius404

darius404 Member

This.... is a travesty. I demand justice!

16. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

The transforming effect of Diggle Nog is broken. :(

17. rydash

rydash Member

I seem to be able to transform just fine, SkyMuffin - unless you mean broken stats-wise or something?

18. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Diggle Nog hasn't worked for me the few times I've used it. Maybe it only happens rarely now.

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I intentionally avoid that swill. There is always better swill available. But I will try it soon enough just to see. If I never mention this again, then it worked for me.

Exile likes this.
  20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I can confirm (as such) that Diggle Nog does not have a 100% chance of transforming the player.