The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Wow. Neat. That explains why it's barely noticeable for me, although, since I last posted, I have observed the lost health gain of monsters, for some of them anyway.

2. Intificial

Intificial Member

Urgh, I'm just getting harrowed with random CTDs throughout this patch, it's really irritating. Mostly happening when moving to a deeper level of dungeon.

3. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

Just started a new game, using my starter bow and wooden arrows, and doing alot more damage than what my stat sheet would suggest I can do.

http://postimage.org/image/mqv0k6yn9/

Any Idea whats causing the extra damage?

4. Kror

Kror Member

I just had the same. Somehow, all my shots do blasting damage ... the same value as my melee power. Something isn't right there.

EDIT: Seems like it's only for batties and intended.

5. Kror

Kror Member

Seems completly fixed now. Can't get that behaviour anymore. Yay :)
    Seems like it was caused by some laggy turn skipping things / heavy loading situations..

6. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

It didn't occur to me until now, but it might be related to enemy weaknesses, because it seems to happen mostly with batties. It's still strange though, because my bolts only do piercing damage and a little bashing damage on the side. I don't see whats quite proccing the blasting damage and Slashing damage...

7. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

All batties have extreme weaknesses to ranged attacks.
    Melee damage will be normal. But the batties will always take a ton more damage from ranged attacks.
    It's been this way for a long time, and I don't know what causes it.

apparently, my current character is randomly doing 2 crushing damage with two swords. :confused: And if I remove all my equip, he still does two crushing damage. I have no idea where that comes from.

8. I crossed path with something similar... the wooden arrow do extra blasting damage to Batties (Was it intended that way? I can imagine a wooden arrow to be as a stake for vampires... so maybe the Battie is a disguised vampire). When this happened to me, most of the other arrows did the correct damage to Batties. (Of course I did not try each arrow, just a few iron ones I had in that moment.)

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Yeah. Some bolts actually do more damage. Not just wooden though. I think plastic bolts do as well.
    I really don't know the reason behind their weakness. It seems a bit random.

10. eskr

eskr Member

Not sure if this is established, but I could not directly remove Zenzizenzizenzic stacks from the left hand icon while in a mysterious portal. I didn't try any other buffs. Behavior was normal once I excited the portal.

11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Slight annoyance here. Encrusting full plate mail twice with the joint lubracation gave the pop up message about how it got unstable and had some side effect, yet the item says it's slightly unstable.
    Exactly how does instability work, if there's no valid way to measure how much enchantments you can put on an item to make it begin to be unstable?
    You really should make it a lot more clearer what is considered too much. Random guessing seems bad. :)

12. Jacq

Jacq Member

The little purple "exploding" icon shows the percentage change of an encrusting becoming unstable. Encrusts stack (so, if you encrust with a 5% chance of instability once, there's a 5% chance of it becoming unstable. If you do it again, it's 10%).

At least, I think that's how it works.

13. eskr

eskr Member

@jacq I've also read (can't verify) that encrusting the *same* encrust on an item causes an exponential increase in instability. Strongly discouraging at triple medicoated pair of gloves, for example.

14. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I don't know. It might. That armor had 2 encrusts on it from the joint lucubration and it has 18 of that purple item then.
    At least it didn't go unstable.

15. Bobson

Bobson Member

Is it known behavior that there's occasionally two disconnected monster zoos on one floor, and entering one reveals (and sets the counter for) all of them?

Attached Files:

16. Wolg

Wolg Member

Yes, and I believe it's been called intentional...

17. darius404

darius404 Member

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it sure it annoying.

18. Wolg

Wolg Member

Yeah, one player's annoyance is another player's "challenge accepted"...

19. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Yeah. It's actually intentional. Surprisingly.

20. TheShadoW

TheShadoW Member

I once managed to do a triple Joint Lubrication (and a bunch of other encrusts) on an armor without it going unstable. However, it was only once in about 20+ tries. Most often it goes slightly unstable even on a second J-L. If you're really unlucky, it may go off even on a first one. Though not all effects are that bad -- for example, Exploder may be considered a blessing, I managed to get an unstable (second or third level of instability) Ravager with nothing but Exploder on it through the force of sheer luck. It blows up several times on each attack (instability + Worst Idea Ever), but I resist all the damage anyway.

PS: Judging from my experiments, trying to stack the same encrust definitely produces some kind of penalty on an instability check, though I can't really say if it's exponential.