The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks! Taken care of 1 and 2 myself, 3 is lower priority as it's purely visual, Mr. Whitman is on 4.

Exile, r_b_bergstrom and Turbo164 like this.
  2. raksi8

raksi8 Member

Just got expansion the other day for my kid, and he was getting crashes when going the mysterious portal (or rather upon returning). Installed your new patch, and am getting an error that "skills/damper.png not found, game will crash" then something similar that says "game crashed" and then an exception error.

Can't find damper.png anywhere, any thoughts? This is the second game he's had to start as his first was crashing too, with his inventory going away. Thanks!

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

If you don't have a specific expansion, delete its respective folder. /expansion/ is diggle gods, /expansion2/ is YHTNTEP and /expansion3/ is wizardlands.

4. darius404

darius404 Member

2 Diaries of the Whills. It's an unarmed build.

edit: Just to be sure, I wandered DL6 some more until I ran into some enemies. They still take 2-3 hits to take down, as opposed to the 1 hit the Wizardlands versions took (aside from the Blink Batty, which has always gone down like a ton of teleporting bricks).

Not really sure on that one. I thought they were supposed to scale to the level you got the code from. If they don't, it makes the Wizardlands spectacularly unchallenging (aside from the misplaced Evil Clone rooms, and the Elder Rune of Incandescence rooms).

I've noticed this somewhat. The Great Pumpkin is supposed to have -10 [​IMG], but the last time I fought one it didn't take any extra damage. In fact, it took 1 [​IMG] instead of the 3 [​IMG] it was supposed to take (from a Tome of Too Much Information).

5. raksi8

raksi8 Member

Ah, the free one was missing from the multipack apparently - got it and no worries, thanks!

6. Coolthulhu

Coolthulhu Member

It seems that some monsters gain quick regeneration when loading some autosaves. Had this happen twice to me already, both times when loading the game after a crash. First time the effect disappeared after saving and loading.

EDIT: Vampire abilities (corpse drinker for sure) can damage instead of healing when health regen stat is negative.

7. lantzk

lantzk Member

First, whenever the game autosaves, the effects of any crusts are briefly forgotten and then reapplied. So, if I have Phrenological Massager applied to my Baron's Hat three times that means that I get 18 bonus mana (from the Sagacity). Every time the game autosaves, I lose that 18 bonus mana.

Second, the flavor text for Manacalypse still reads "Also, your Empowered form becomes significantly tougher and more Manaful." As far as I can tell this is still not true.

I noticed in the changelog this bit, "Puissant Veil now hits enemies with magic damage when player is attacked". I was curious about the scaling and while I was looking I found a comment in spellDB that indicated that blockbuff wasn't working, which is why this change occurred. Is blockbuff not working? It certainly seems to be working with Stone Secret and others.

Thanks!

8. Kror

Kror Member

That is somewhat intentional because thats just how the formula works. Although it it strange, yes :eek:. "Better not eat corpse if my regen is negative"

9. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Actually this is just a bug with sagacity and capping. The game only counts :mana: directly given anywhere, and :mana: that you get from your base + item + skill :sagacity:. It doesn't count indirect mana from sagacity buffs. Same with :life: and :burliness: and :caddishness:

10. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Worst build ever: Killer Vegan + Big Game Hunter + Vampirism. The other 4 are up to you. These 3 skills have absolutely NO synergy.

11. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Actually Vampirism synergizes with the +:life: and +:life_regen: of Killer Vegan. And Big Game Hunter generates free allied animals to leech from if you can remove the debuffs.

They do have synergy they just have high anti-synergy

Kazeto likes this.
  12. Duvi0

Duvi0 Member

Once I started using the current patch, I could not access any of my workshop mods. Does anyone have an explanation?

13. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The hotfix isn't hooked to Steam. Revert to the stock version (verify game file integrity from the game's properties inside Steam will do that automatically) if you want to use them.

14. Coolthulhu

Coolthulhu Member

Vegan has passive +5 health regen, which is +3 to vampiric damage vs demons and +2 vs other. Batties and hunter diggles allow effortless animal cleanup. Blinding flash stuns stuff for safer feeding while diggles tank hits.
    They do have some anti-synergy, but most of it is just hunter + vegan. Vampirism + vegan could work.

Back on topic: equipping wizard sleeve or horse armor destroys it. If it was in a shop, Brax will have his normal "buy something" text, but will block the doorway until some other item is picked up and dropped.

15. eskr

eskr Member

@Vegan + BGH + Vamp

Throw in Magical Law and you can move your debuffs to other creatures, making the above also more viable, and animals won't attack you, so you can save them for health replenishment when you need.
    Just gotta be a little bit creative ;)
    The extra meat can be used with the tourist skill, for crafting, or lutefisk. (the extra xp from animals and vegetables is good on it's own though)

16. Jacq

Jacq Member

"Charging Rutabegas, should they die before finishing their charge, may cause the game to crash."

Fixing this bug means that it's also fixed with other charging monsters, right? (I just had it happen with one of those Ent monsters - because I need my sweet sweet Steam cheevos.)

17. I'm noticing periodically when I'm facing a monster, with one space in between us, if I step forward towards the monster occasionally they will step forward onto the same square.

18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

This is, AFAIK, a known-issue. It's been happening for a while now.

I've also got a bug(?) to report, and apologies if it has been reported before - The 'large scale' UI doesn't fit certain resolutions. I play windowed at 1366x768, and the large scale bar is cut off at either end as it doesn't fit in the window, like this:
    2012-08-21_00001.jpg

19. Kror

Kror Member

Mastering Paranormal Investigator grants no archievment

Fixed for ingame archievments.

20. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Monsters have base stats determined by monster type, and then are given boosts based upon a combination of your difficulty setting and the floor you are on. For the wizardlands, it chooses monster types based on the floor the code came from, but they don't get the stat boosts they'd get for being on that floor. On Going Rogue, monsters are much more dangerous in the main dungeon than in wizardlands or mysterious portals, whereas on Elvish Easy the difference is barely noticeable.

The main boost is Hit Points.
    • On Elvish Easy, the amount of bonus HP per floor is 3 times floor number, so a monster on Floor 5 will have 15 more HP than the same monster type in a mysterious portal or wizardland. That may or may not result in needing one more hit to kill them, depending on how strong your attacks are.
    • On Going Rogue, the amount of bonus HP = 9 x floor number. That floor 5 monster has 45 more HP than his wizardland equivalent, so he takes at least one more hit to kill. (There's also an across-the-board x135% HP multiplier in GR. I'm not sure if it's applied before or after the per-floor bonus. If after, that'd be a 60 HP differential instead of 45.)

Named monsters ("Liookullpok the Father of Codfish", etc) also hit much harder in the normal dungeon than in the wizardlands or mysterious portal realms. Named monsters gain bonus exotic damage equal to 1x floor on Elvish Easy, up to 3 x floor on Going Rogue.

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.