The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. My game no longer freezes after I get the message "The Dungeon has rearranged itself." However, out of the 6 times I've tried entering the Pocket Dimension, 5 times the game crashed, and 1 time I was transported into a completely dark room apparently on level 3(I had tried entering to PD on lvl 4). Moving my mouse around the black screen didn't bring up any tooltips/items...so I wasn't in my Pocket.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Exile likes this.
  3. ailure

ailure Member

I got the same problem. It seems like my pocket dimension somehow got overwritten by the mysterious portal level (which I had to escape out of with debug mode after it turns out the portal out of it would crash the game). You can leave the bugged pocket dimension after entering it so it dosen't crash the game right like on the previous hotfix, but using a consumable items seems to freeze the game. Since the crash seems to be caused by a overwritten pocket dimension, it's probably best to make the game reset it to it's vanilla state in that situation.​

I hope it's not a problem that I send my troublesome savegame as well in hope of it solving the issue.​

Edit: Oh yeah, and this savegame would crash on "The dungeon is rearranged" message on the previous hotfix. It no longer does that, but that might hint towards the issue.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

ailure: what version of the game did you originally make that save with?

Exile likes this.
  5. ailure

ailure Member

The latest (Steam-based) non-hotfix version. Which should be version 1.1.1 IIRC. With all three DLC's but no mods.

6. Kror

Kror Member

The selectiondescription of fungal arts is:
    "You grow strange mushrooms and are more resistant to the effects of poison and putrefaction."
    But you don't acutally get resitance to putrefaction. Just toxic

7. Kror

Kror Member

Brittle stacks (and I assume other buff timers/attack stacks) very often don't refresh.

I didn't mean: not working in conjunction. I just meant: Whenever the old bug 'that you can stack Radiant Aura' would appear, now instead this happens: The brittle stacks do not refresh. The buff stays the same (instead of staying the same + getting another, fresh, instance).
    And this is true for tortoise maneuver and suit up too. When the old bug with radiant aura stacking would appear, brittle stacks on all buffs do not refresh. I didn't mean: In conjunction with radiant aura BUT in the CASE where the old bug with Radiant Aura would proc. It doesn't matter if you have Radiant Aura. It's seems that just the same things that made the Radiant Aura stack, make all buffs nonrefreshing. They fixed the stacking, but now the buffs just get stuck and don't refresh. So the bug was "changed".

I hope it's clear now :eek:

8. 1024

1024 Member

After installing hotfix 10c, I no longer had the pocket dimension controls.

9. eskr

eskr Member

I'm not sure if this is unique to hotfix 10 or was in 9 as well, but about 1/3 of enemies are peacful to me (non-vegan, and it's not that they haven't noticed me).
    The game is ridiculously easy, almost unplayably so on rogue difficulty...
    I know some people had reported this before; are others getting this as well now?

10. eskr

eskr Member

Also:
    (1) the perception skill is still giving lucky (/luckier/luckiest) finds and then yielding no item.
    Guesstimating I'd say it's about 5% of finds that are null. Don't hold me to that number. :)

(2) I don't know if this is a bug or intended behavior, but in one of the wizardlands there were some heavy explosive traps that didn't show up until I walked on them even though I had a very large trap sight radius (perception skill). Other traps has shown up normally, but I walked onto two large explosive traps almost in a row (one detonating a wall and revealing enemies, so this was probably a staged room). Level three wizardlands. I'd upload the save, but the second one killed me while playing permadeath (bad idea on an experimental patch, I know).

11. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

Post the Wizardlands code to we see if this happens on our games too.

12. Corridor

Corridor Member

For the last week I've been trying to play my game from where I saved it, inside a Mysterious Portal. Trying to leave through the exit portal would crash my game. With hotfix 10 I can't even load the game, trying to do so just kicks me straight to desktop every time. I dunno if I should just give that save up as lost or what. :(

13. Christo

Christo Member

I somehow got ultimate regen skills as a vampire
    (i guess it's something with diggle god of fertility blessing)
    my "drinker of the dead"(supposed to heal 4hp/corpse) healing me for 18hp/corpse
    Auto-attacks healing more than should too.

Edit: thnx Kror i thought about something like that but was fooled by wiki

14. Kror

Kror Member

Drinker of the dead heals for 3 + 120% life regen.
    The vampiric attack scales with 40%(blobs), 60%(demon) and 100%(animal) life regen.
    So its normal.

Edit: Updates that weren't mentioned in the patchnotes tend to not go into the wikis ;P
    I just updated http://www.dredmorwiki.com/wiki/Vampirism. See that for more details.

15. Kror

Kror Member

Vampirisim attack doesn't seem to proc:
    Code:
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Regen Life Effect 1"/> <!-- a free point of health, for effort. -->
    Hitting an undead gives no health at all.

16. shaken

shaken Member

Vampirism Attack only afffects Demons, Animals, and Others.

17. Kror

Kror Member

Where do you get that?
    Code:
    <spell name="Vampirism Attack" type="target" >
       <effect type="drain" necromantic="1" necromanticF="0.6" secondaryScale="13" taxa="Demon" />
       <effect type="drain" necromantic="1" necromanticF="0.4"  secondaryScale="13" taxa="Other" />
       <effect type="drain" necromantic="2" necromanticF="1.0"  secondaryScale="13" taxa="Animal" />
       <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/glintA/glintA" frames="5" framerate="60" centerEffect="0" sfx="fleshbore" />
       <effect type="trigger" spell="Regen Life Effect 1"/> <!-- a free point of health, for effort. -->
       </spell>
    The xml says that only the drain effect affects Demons, Animals and Others, but the Regen Life Effect 1 should trigger regardless. The Vampirism Attack just procs 100% on hit. The drain effect is just a part of it as you can see.

shaken likes this.
  18. shaken

shaken Member

You're right, I was speaking of the Drain Life effect in particular.

19. Kror

Kror Member

So you are saying that the "Regen Life Effect 1" should trigger, right?

20. shaken

shaken Member

From what I understand, yes.