The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Use the tileset changing machine in the center of the room, it'll fix it when you switch to another.

2. Tahau

Tahau Member

Yes, but crash occured after I'd killed, let's say, 5 monsters simultaneously, during the same turn, while counter showed me only 2 monsters remaining. Numbers are inexact, but you got the idea. Killing monsters consequently, one per turn, completes Monster Zoo correctly, exactly as you've described it.

That's right.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I've noticed this before myself. It happens a lot when you play Vegan and have Aura of Self-Righteousness. Random walls seem to be destructable, even if there's no hidden items/rooms behind them, and so on.

4. Kror

Kror Member

When I equip e.g. gloves through rightclick, the turns ends and the enemies take turn.
    If I use drag and drop, this doesn't happen
    Looks a bit strange :eek:

5. reloaf

reloaf Member

I started having lots of random crashes and other bugs when my vegan entered lvl 0. The most noticeably being that animals starts attacking the player, and the game crashes when you attempt to leave trough the portal.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We have a *huge* new RC coming up in a bit; I'm just waiting on a final submission for Ryan and then I'm going to do a little code review.

It makes things a LOT better. Chris has been working over time. I'll have a changelist for everybody soon.

The Wizardlands, being a mysterious dimension, may occasionally have their contents shift. You may find something new there as well.

Exile, SkyMuffin, Dronix and 2 others like this.
  7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

8. rydash

rydash Member

I would be indebted to anyone able to identify outstanding issues that may have been resolved (signified by ✔?) that I am unable to determine personally. Mostly in the Modding and XML categories.

9. platycus

platycus Member

I have a save game on level 8 that freezes when i try to enter the Pocket Dimension.

Tried hotfix 9. Now when i load the save, it says the dungeon has been rearranged, and freezes when i click ok

10. Corridor

Corridor Member

I'm inside a Mysterious Portal area, right at the end. I stumbled through mostly by fluke, and got to the exit portal. I'm saved right in front of it. Before applying hotfix9, entering the portal would just crash the game to desktop. After applying it and entering the portal, the screen fades to white, freezes, then gives me a Windows 'this program has stopped working' message.

11. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

To add to Megaron's issue:

This particular version of RR appears to be crashing the publisher when attempting to upload (after the validation), much like Megaron's mod. When run through the validator, the validator does not appear to recognise assets from expansion3. Otherwise, it appears to be all good. Commenting out said assets mentioned by the validator does not appear to solve the problem, though. Other mods appear to get through the uploading process fine (I've updated Witcher, Arcanist and Star Lawyer since the CoTW release), so I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the mod itself.

It works in-game and all spells work as they should, but may sometimes cause random crashes to desktop during game startup/map load, although whether correlation = causation is still unknown. I've only noticed the strange crashing when having the mod loaded, ID 1.2.6.4 or Essential skills don't seem to trigger the same thing.

Attached Files:

12. reloaf

reloaf Member

13. Kror

Kror Member

Hotfix test9
    The manamaille/radiant aura bug was "fixed". Now they dont stack anymore, but radiant aura dont refresh its brittle stacks upon recast. This isnt really an issue since it's cancelable BUT since the behaviour of radiant aura stacking was bound to refereshing buffs/curses overall... Suit Up and the likes don't refresh their brittle stacks either. So radiant Aura stacking was made into that :O

So: 1. Radiant Aura/Mana Maille doesn't stack anymore (but don't refresh)
    2. All brittle stacks/timers of buffs/curses (inculding Radiant Aura) don't refresh when the old Radiant Aura stacking bug would happen.
    So only one of the symptoms was fixed. The thing that caused it still causes the other bugs.
    More info Here
    I also noticed that it somtimes occur if you stay on the same floor... when the games 'lags' for me (as in:) if I'm doing many move commands when a mosnter zoo it active or when the spellmine/enemy skip bug occurs. Then the game has a few loading moments sometimes and after that the same behaviour occurs.

-Steamcloud saves Last.txt for me now
    -Shield-Bearer: Defensive Bash description is now correct. My bad. Not true

14. Kror

Kror Member

Please change the description for:
    It ONLY occurs when you equip armor. Not weapons.
    Also:
    Still isn't fixed ;P You did this a few times now.

15. Christo

Christo Member

My save worked fine on hotfix8 but wont load on hotfix9
    (instruction at adress "0x6b62f0ee" referenced memory at "0x011db4bo". The memory can not be "read")
    When im reverting game to hotfix 8 - savefile working again

Attached Files:

16. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Hotfix 10 will be up tomorrow, and will fix the problem that folks had in Hotfix 9. (Hooray!)

Exile and Doc Gelegentlich like this.
  17. Someone may have noticed this already, but the encrust description for steel plates says that your gear is encrusted with iron plates.

18. rydash

rydash Member

Questions, here. Defensive Bash's entry in the skillDB still lists Stubborness, but its effect in the spellDB lists Block Chance. So one of these is right.

I'm not sure where you're getting the Last.txt information from, considering hotfix9 isn't hooked up to Steam -- unless I'm missing something?

19. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Nicholas left a note in the Wizardlands spreadsheet that animal aggro is intended.

20. Kror

Kror Member

Oh yeah. Sorry, I looked in the wrong xml ~~

Hm well I used the Hotfix on my steam folder and now I get the right skills when playing over steam and using Last.