The Compleat Essential Skills

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Cool Guys Never Look At The Explosion was backwards (gave the Reverse Cowboy effect without Reverse Cowboy active and vice versa.) Not anymore! (New upload in the OP.)

OmniaNigrum, Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  2. 8acon

8acon Member

So stances can trigger Wild Magic, making you effectively able to cast free cantrips very often. Is this intended?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

No. I discovered this myself a while back and I have no idea what to do about it. I need to ask the GLG folks what makes something count as a "spell" for the purposes of triggeroncast. It may be as simple as adding a 2nd turn of downtime to the stances; I have no idea. :)

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That is likely unintended, but more effort than should be required to fix. If you think of it as cheating, then do not do it. If you want to cheat, use debug mode and Cheat Engine. The game uses 4 byte Integers for all numbers of importance in the game like number of heal potions, health, mana, and sawblades... You get the picture.

*Edit* Ninja'ed...

5. Essence

Heh. I let David know about the issue and asked him what counts as a 'spell' and what doesn't. That means I should know by Valentines Day at the latest. ;)

mining, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  6. Essence

Note that David didn't say whether this was on the 'fix it' list or not, so this may well just be the way it is.

mining, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Why not just, for the time being, make every cooldown-based skill give you a 0-turn dummy buff and then make it so that things that normally trigger via "triggeroncast" now have a "requirebuffonnottrigger" on said dummy buff along the way?
    It's your rebalance and your skill tree pack, so you can do that with [relative] ease, and even though it is not the best solution (because it wouldn't help skill trees made by other modders), it is still one (some stuff working properly is better than none of it, and it's not like other modders can't adjust).

mining and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Spells of wizard skills are counted as magic spells, for triggeroncast purposes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Essence

Except that I can trigger triggeroncast abilities by switching stances in Kung Fu.

Also, Kazeto, that's...crazy. I haven't decided if it's in a good way or not.

10. mining

mining Member

It's in a great way.

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If you want to do it in style, in a bad way.
    If you want to do it at all, in a great way.

Like most of my craziness.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  12. Essence

New upload because I'm an idiot and screwed up Gangnam Style when I changed the skill names to "Dances".

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Essence

Compleat Essential Skills now Officially open-source.

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And how is that supposed to work, Essence?

I mean, if someone wanted to change something for themselves or other people, there was nothing stopping them from doing that in the first place.

Though I do admit that it is a nice gesture of yours.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Essence

We (Mining and I) are trying to start a trend. :)

Vitellozzo, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  16. mining

mining Member

It's sort of tacit approval to ruin all our hard work work on an open source mod as opposed to "eh, sure they won't mind..."

17. Nacho

Nacho Member

It's never been officially against the rules (and still isn't), but Daynab and David have asked that nobody modify another person's mods without their permission, no matter what kind of credit is given, and whether or not the permission was explicitly denied or simply not given (possibly because they couldn't be contacted).

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  18. Essence

new upload -- minor balance changes to Gangnam Style. Specifically, the Reverse Cowboy version of The Explosion was dropping way too much money in floors 12-15. Like several thousand zorkmids per fireball. It's better now -- only a few thousand. :D

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and mining like this.
  19. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Essence, please change the three poisoner pools to not affect corpses. Corpses piling upon pools can cause major lag.

Essence, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  20. Essence

I don't know if <affectsCorpses="0"> works on <effect type="damage">, but if it does, the next upload (tonight) will help. I've found an old buglist of things I've forgotten didn't work, like TuberToxin not actually dealing any damage, so hopefully I'll be able to get them all fixed up. :)

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.