The Compleat Essential Skills

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Mar 26, 2012.

1. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Well, thanks for getting this up and running. I am gana be having a decent amount of similar if buff a is active do x, if not do y in my next mod (because of crazy buff on buff action), so it's nice to have a good place to go to get lots of good examples of how to do things properly. You're mods have always been very helpful in teaching me how to make things work right, which I greatly appreciate.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Latest version now active on Steam Workshop.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Just a heads up, Essence.

Something broke in the workshop version with regards to the bushido skill icon art again - it's not displaying properly in skill selection or tome, and neither is vorpality.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That has been the case since Drunken Boxing was added but I never managed to narrow down the cause.

I actually thought it was a combination of skills, but I have yet to test things standalone to verify this.

5. Essence

hem. I don't have that problem. I'll see if I can figure it out, thanks. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

it works when extracted. Did I forget to tell you it's broken as a zip? Broken as a zip means broken as steam workshop too, which is why I always keep my folder elsewhere and only use zips I plan to upload in the mod loader.

Also does drinking with drunken boxing really have to consume 100% of your mana? Isn't there some other % that would work, like 33%?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Essence

huh? Drinking with Celestial Fire Surround should consume 50% of your Mana, not 100%. Hrm.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Essence

New version posted. Mostly changes to Degree in Dungeoneering with other small ones here and there. Fixes the Bushido/Vorpality icon problem.

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. Wyvaud

Wyvaud Member

Hi there, created a forum account specifically to let you know I think your mod is glorious. :)

The only issue I have had with it is the cool-down timer starting one higher than its posted value and not ticking down at all (the comments in the steam workshop seem to imply that this affects all timers).

I know you're away during August, but just leaving this here in case the issue's not come up yet.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

It's a game engine bug affecting new games. You have to save and reload for cooldowns to work normally.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

You can also "add" the skill back in the same slot and that seems to help.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. sadron

sadron Member

Complete is supposed to be misspelled, right?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, for ye olde (butcherede) Englishe feel.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can't say something like that without a link for cruelty: Here

OmniaNigrum, DragonDai and Kazeto like this.
  15. Essence

Actually, I have since learned that "compleat" is it's own unique word and has a meaning related to, but not the same as, "complete." So I'm going back and retroactively changing my motivation; I totally knew about the word "compleat" ahead of time and used it deliberately in it's actual meaning of "having mastered all elements of it's related art".

Honest, I did.

16. mining

mining Member

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Not really, Essence...

The first three replies in this thread, and stuff.

This

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Is the file on the original post the most current version, or is Steam Workshop the only way to get your mod? Thanks.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The one here is kept up to date. Don't worry about lack of activity, Essence just went on a trip that lasts for the duration of August, and being a good man, he does not try to escape from his family to lurk here.

Right, Essence?

Essence and OmniNegro like this.
  20. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Thanks. I already downloaded from Steam, and I figured out how to "de-Steamify" it by renaming the .dat to .zip, and moving to the Mod directory. A useful skill to have!

OmniNegro likes this.