The Community Colony has Begun. Follow our Progress, or Join us!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unforked, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

Sure! Ready to go? You can take @Lipschitz's save and go next if you like.

2. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Cool beans. I'll grab the save and get started.

3. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Yo, this colony is nuts. I'm writing as I go, be patient with me!

4. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Well. I successfully completed my three days, but Steam ate all my screenshots, so I'll dispense with the narrative and leave a few notes.

1. There is a laboratory now, fully staffed.
    2. The vicarage is now staffed.
    3. The kitchen is now producing pickled fungus in addition to the sausages.
    4. There is something in the cornfield.

Best of luck.

Attached Files:

Unforked and DaCrAzYmOfO like this.
  5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Question for players:

Now that 53A is out, you probably want to mess around with it and play your own games. It's possible to switch back to 53 to continue our colony, then go back to 53A, but some of you might not want to "regress" to keep going on our game. Do you guys want to continue, or should we call it?

6. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

I'd be down for a new colony in 53A. Considering our mines are only producing rock, sand, and clay we're at a resource impasse anyway.

7. Noratoxin

Noratoxin Member

Is there a way to keep the colony in 53A, since it's an experimental update?
    I personally would like to see where this colony goes. Of course, I never had a problem with the upkeep trunks, so I guess the changes going over from one to the other. I also don't play that often, only binge every now and again. But I may be an outlier here and I wouldn't mind it either.
    Also, I would like some closure for the narrative of the colony.

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  8. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Could say that the pompous Frenchman got on the NCOs nerves and he turned the colony into a bandit enclave :p

9. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Things will almost always break sooner or later to greater or lesser degree if you attempt to play the game cross-versions. (Very glad we have a warning when players do this now because I think this created a lot of noise in our bug-fixing cycles!)

10. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

I say we keep going till the hilariously bitter end. Or maybe restart and set a challenge for ourselves, something interesting.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I would suggest not trying to run a stable colony on experimental branches. They can be fast, furious, and compatibility-breaking: I've already broken compatibility between 53A and 53B.

12. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Well. The designers have weighed in, so we should probably continue from where I left off.

13. Unforked

Unforked Member

Okay, full steam ahead! I have to give up my turn for lack of reasonable time the next couple of days, so I hand it over to @Puzzlemaker

14. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Hokay, I'll try to do it tonight.

15. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Luck is with me! The winds of fate have brought be back to this beautiful colony once again! It's good to be back!

20160811205715_1.jpg

Well, it's certainly.. It is! Certainly! Yes!

20160811205801_1.jpg

We seem to be bereft of ores! Ah well, surely we have abundant wood! No? No wood either? Hmm.

20160811210056_1.jpg

First, we need more workers! We cannot put the cart before the horse, you know. Or the wood before the, uh, horse. Cart. 20160811210126_1.jpg

Ah, the laborer bunkhouse, a rustic building for rustic, overly romanticized folk. 20160811210128_1.jpg

Huh, that's uh, a nice shrine you have there. That is uh, hmm.

20160811210619_1.jpg

FOR SCIENCE! Of course! The third cousin twice removed of Lord Palmerstrokes personal assistant would have nothing less! 20160811210713_1.jpg

My efforts pay off! Now to put them into the woodworking group! There isn't one! Everyone has a workshop already! Well we obviously need more overseers then! 20160811210729_1.jpg

Good news! The ministry has sent us a free bar of gold! Huzzah! I wave to the airship as they pass! They look at me funny. 20160811210842_1.jpg

Oh, and our brave soldier that in a fight with a fishperson and lost. We will miss you whats-his-name! 20160811210940_1.jpg

Since we just lost our entire military, I see no need for the help of a rogue, no matter how dashing he may be!

Cont-

Unforked likes this.
  16. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

20160811211044_1.jpg

As you can see, the colonists are perfectly healthy! Getting nice food and plenty of sleep! 20160811211134_1.jpg

Plenty of fish, sausages, and corn to eat! The fish is particularly good as well.

20160811211210_1.jpg

Suddenly, a strange brochure flew into my zeppelin. How odd. I tossed it. 20160811211403_1.jpg

A fine man wants permission to work on a private project of his! Of course I will allow it, I am a patron of the arts you know. 20160811211409_1.jpg

Finally! More overseers, I am sure things will start picking up around here!

20160811211447_1.jpg

As you can see, our chapel is having some sort of termite infestation. Everything is falling apart, even the chairs! We must make haste to repair this! If only we had wood!

Bonus picture: Wrong text on the popup!

20160811211716_1.jpg

Alas, the winds have changed yet again and I am swept away from this glorious colony! Onwards!

Todo:
    -Get those two new overseers chopping wood and constructing the two more laborer bunkhouses that have yet to be built.
    -Once you have wood, start making repair trunks, catch us up.
    -Once we are stable again, tear down and move the current mine somewhere else with better ores.
    -Don't forget to build more houses for higher population, we have the food for it!

Attached Files:

Noratoxin, Unforked and jotwebe like this.
  17. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Worth noting that you can make repair trunks in the ceramics workshop using stone and bricks.

18. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Yep, we didn't have enough bricks, for some reason the mine wasn't making enough clay. I set the ceramics to start making repair trunks from stone right before my turn ended though.

19. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I've got the latest save; I'll get started soon.

20. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Maybe put it on Youtube, explain what a succession game is. Might bring in more people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.