The Best (and Worst) Krong enchants.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Repulsion, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Repulsion

Repulsion Member

Just made this thread to see what kind of Krong enchants you guys have had, whether they be bad or good.

I haven't seen any really amazing Krong enchants, or Krong... de-enchants, I guess they would be called?

I would like to push my knowledge of the Krong boundaries, as well as hearing some amusing stories!

2. Android089

Android089 Member

I got an enchantment that set the ground on fire. It was awesome, but i kept walking into the fire it left. (like a clutz)

3. axlm

axlm Member

I got fleshbore on a mace, which is pretty awesome I think ^_^

4. Nighpher

Nighpher Member

I got Kronged with a negative 2 to wands and negative 2 to health regen.

5. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

I once got a belt kronged with not kidding -5 :sight:.

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Krong wanted to see if your faith was blind or not, Null. :)

I've gotten all sorts of random bad rolls. Nothing major sticks out, well, -2 to putrid and Toxic resist.
    My favorite bonus was rocket boots with + 2 AA. 6 AA on boots! Beat that!

coldcandor likes this.
  7. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It was sad, I had perception at the time so I could still see a short distance.

Wi§p likes this.
  8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Don't worry, someday Krong will bless you with 2 AA on an ring. Which is actually not that rare for me. Doesn't happen often, but it's really nice when your good artifact ring gets even better. :)

9. Onamar

Onamar Member

I got Kronged with -6 to Trap Sight on a really nice weapon once.

That wasn't too big of a deal though, I just Sent it to the Museum and crafted another within like half a floor. I used like nine Anvils on that one before I died and didn't get a single bad enchant on it.

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I got fleshbore on my crossbow, which was redundant since I had it with the crossbow skill tree already :(

The worst I've gotten was -3 to piercing resistance.

11. Rikaru20

Rikaru20 Member

I think the worst Krong enchant I've gotten was -5 to armor absorb on an amulet. And -3 Mana Regen (thank god I wasn't relying on mana)

Best Krong enchant? 10 Aetherial damage, +3 Melee Power and +1 Trap Affinity on one of my swords. Dear -god- that was amazing. Sadly it was on floor 13 (out of 15, with DLC), so I only had two floors to play around with it. And Aetherial wasn't too useful late-game except against Muscle Diggles.

12. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I think this speaks for itself.
    [​IMG]
    EDIT:
    O_O
    [​IMG]
    :life: :life: :life: :life: :life: :life: :life:

13. Wootah

Wootah Member

Have you ever kronged an item and it list every single buff on the item in the pop-up window? I got that the other day and wasn't sure what to think.

14. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

I think Krong beat Maslech just a few too many times there...

Velorien and FaxCelestis like this.
  15. FaxCelestis

[​IMG]

THE SAGA CONTINUES
    Bottom row, out of illegibility, is 3 HP 2 melee, 4 crit, 3 haywire, 2 block ,3 counter, 3 armor, 1 resist, 4 stealth, 1 hp regen

badboy80 and Wi§p like this.
  16. jzworkman

jzworkman Member

Are you save scumming or did you break the rng on krong since its supposed to be 2/7 bad you would have to have some run to get that many enchantments added with no negs.

17. FaxCelestis

I've not been scumming. Krong just loves fedoras, apparently. (and who doesn't?)

18. jzworkman

jzworkman Member

I always krong my fedora as well but I have only been lucky enough to get like 4 positives in a row and then it gets a terrible negative like -2 piercing(on my melee char) so then I have to get rid of it.

19. Rikaru20

Rikaru20 Member

I wouldn't have gotten rid of it, -2 piercing isn't too bad to ditch it. If it was something like -2 Sight radius or -2 Health Regen... yeah, it's gone.

20. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

I can never seem to get two positive Krongs in a row on the same item. It feels like he punishes me for being greedy or something.