The Android Rogue Mod(DEAD MOD, PERMANENTLY REMOVED)

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Arron Syaoran, May 29, 2013.

1. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I'm trying to make Android Armour have it so that you gain +1 :nimbleness:Nimbleness and -3:block:Block for every 2 :armor_asorb:AA you have. I looked at primary/secondary scale, and it sounds interesting, but can you only scale damage with that? Because I would like to make a buff that scales upon current stats.

2. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Old Update: 0.1.5. Obsolete now that 0.1.6 is out.

EVEN NEWER UPDATE: 0.1.6 IS OUT ON STEAM AND ON THIS THREAD.
    Adds new icons for some of the items you love, plus some new items.
    NEW: Silver Axe with .hack Infection Reference, Sound Effects for Spells and Icons for my Traps. You can now see your eyebrows get shaved when you step on the Eyebrow Shaver.

NEW: Clean Water is now used to Dilute Alcoholic Beverages, extending overall Mana Yield at the Cost of Mana per item.

THIS WILL BE THE LAST MINOR UPDATE BEFORE 0.2.0: ANDROID INSURRECTION GETS RELEASED.

Future of the Mod: If I feel like updating/adding anything to the mod, I'll do so. But I will not be set into a timescale or deadline, nor will I be pressured by anyone else to update the mod. If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to ask on this thread and I'll consider them. I want everyone to know not to expect any future updates if future updates don't come. If anyone wants to help me on my mod(I don't need help, but if anyone wants to work together for the sake of increased production rate, I might accept), ask here also. Additional help isn't necessary, but it will speed up the rate of updates and progression of this mod.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I'm currently working on a new skill: Liquid Metal. I'm trying to find a "consumeIngot" type spell effect for my "Iron Eater" Spell, which consumes only metal ingots to restore health. How do I make sure that it only consumes ingots(or any ingot-like reagent, possibly even plastic if it the effect not refined enough), but not other item types?

4. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

ANDROID INSURRECTION BETA IS NOW OUT FOR PUBLIC TASTING AND TESTING. Be warned of Bugs though!
    Android Insurrection Current Bugs:
    1. Spiked Punch doesn't deal the Extra 5 Piercing Damage it's supposed to.
    2. Iron Eater doesn't consume anything at all, not even Reagents/Ingots. This is the Biggest Bug so far.
    3. Iron Eater triggers it's healing effect on any item, even when nothing is consumed.
    4. Non-Buff Skill Spell Descriptions only Show Description found on Skill Tree and Non-Buff Spell's Description in SpellDB doesn't show up at all.(This might be intended by Gaslamp) Examples: Subtle Getaway's Spell Description and Ingot Eater's Spell Description don't show up at all and show Skill Tree's Description instead.
    5 Living Spike Bomb's sound effect doesn't work. None of the Spells associated with Liquid Metal have any Sound Effects/Animations either, except the explosive animation from Spiky Body Explosion.
    6. Android Crosshairs Bolt Spawning only spawns 1 Bolt when it spawns bolts.(It's only sometimes supposed to spawn bolts at all, and it should be a random type of bolt with random amount)
    7. Java Caffeine Function needs a new Buff Icon.
    8. Liquid Metal's Skill/Spell Icons need replacing with better ones.
    9. Titanium Serpentine Sabotons need a new Icon.(They need to look more like Serpentine-metalled Robocop Boots)
    DISCLAIMER: BUG REPORTS THAT ALREADY ADDRESS KNOWN BUGS WILL BE IGNORED. ANY NEW BUG REPORTS ARE APPRECIATED. DO NOT USE ANDROID INSURRECTION YET IF YOU'RE GOING FOR A DREDMOR/DIGULA KILL. ANY ADVICE REGARDING THE SOLUTION TO ANY OF THE BUGS SHOWN HERE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

5. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

2 & 3. A workaround for eating metal could be to add crafting recipes for food items that trigger a dummy buff, which is checked for by a foodbuff in the skilltree. It then decides whether you're able to eat that specific food item or not; giving a debuff on default and when the foodbuff finds the dummy buff, it removes the debuff and replaces it with a buff.

I mean Venusaur.

6. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

This mod lacks insurrecting robots en masse.

7. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

The insurrection part hasn't been implemented yet(no monsters in this mod yet, but there will be by the end of Android Insurrection).

@Allstaire, thank you soo much! Now I just need to figure out how to implement such things in the code: Here's the Current Code for Iron/Ingot Eater:
    Code:
        <ability name="Iron Eater" icon="skills/ingot_eater64.png" skill="150" level="3">
        <description text="Kinda like the rocks those Gorgons or Gorons or whatever they're called eat, except you prefer not to digest impurities. Ingots, especially of the ferrous kind, seem to be your delicacy."/>
        <spell name="Ingot Eater"/>
        <secondarybuff id="19" amount="1"/> <!-- Check if this is smithing -->
        </ability>
        <!-- Give this an eating sound effect. This shouldn't heal without consumption of reagents first. -->
    <spell name="Ingot Eater" type="item" consumeItem="1" consumeItemType="reagent" downtime="32" icon="skills/ingot_eater32.png">
        <!-- It Scales Correctly off of Block. Remove this line when Android Insurrection is complete. -->
        <effect type="heal" amount="24" amountF=".35" secondaryScale="7"/>
        <description text="You can eat metal reagents to restore health. For some reason, you can still eat powders, mechanisms, ores and plastic, but they don't taste as good. Those Gorn(or was it Gorogon?) people like to eat rocks, and thats what you should do too."/>
        </spell>

8. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

To be quite honest, I wouldn't understand how a dummy buff would work in the case(with the crafting recipe) unless I saw it. I need examples. Damn, Dredmod needs to be updated to include tutorials on this stuff. I'll scour every mod I have to for an example, but idk which spells in said mods would be what I'm looking for. Ima start my search in Swashbucklers Mod and Faxpax while I wait for a good example of Dummy Buffs involving crafting recipes and consuming items enters this thread. I've googled for dummy buffs, to find a topic that uses one for a cooldown. The Search Continues...

9. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

This is what I have so far(Totally confused by what you said, as well as how the crafting recipe would be implemenented, and whether the recipe or the food item triggers the dummy buff, and how the skillDB's "Foodbuff" is gonna check for a spell when it can only trigger spells that check for spells):
    Code:
        <!-- Give this an eating sound effect. This shouldn't heal without consumption of reagents first. -->
    <spell name="Ingot Eater" type="item" consumeItem="1" consumeItemType="reagent" downtime="32" icon="skills/ingot_eater32.png">
        <!-- It Scales Correctly off of Block. Remove this line when Android Insurrection is complete. -->
        <description text="You can eat metal reagents to restore health. For some reason, you can still eat powders, mechanisms, ores and plastic, but they don't taste as good. Those Gorn(or was it Gorogon?) people like to eat rocks, and thats what you should do too."/>
        </spell>
        <ability name="Iron Eater" icon="skills/ingot_eater64.png" skill="150" level="3">
        <description text="Kinda like the rocks those Gorgons or Gorons or whatever they're called eat, except you prefer not to digest impurities. Ingots, especially of the ferrous kind, seem to be your delicacy."/>
        </ability>
    New Stuff:
    Code:
    <!-- This is the new version of Iron Eater in skill DB. -->
        <ability name="Iron Eater" icon="skills/ingot_eater64.png" skill="150" level="3" learnrecipe="Edible Ingot">
        <!-- IDK which one I should trigger. -->
        <foodbuff percentage="100" name="Either Ingot Connoisseur or Able to Eat Ingots"/>
        </ability>
    <!-- This is the Food item in item DB. -->
        <item name="Edible Ingot" iconFile="items/booze_javascript_java.png" level="1">
        <price amount="0"/>
        <food hp="1" effect="Ingot Eater Dummy Buff"/>
        <description text="Eats Ingots."/>
        </item>
    <!-- This is one of the Recipes for the Food item in craft DB. -->
    <craft hidden="1">
        <output skill="0" name="Edible Ingot"/>
        <tool tag="ingot"/>
        <input name="Iron Ingot"/>
        </craft>
    Code:
    <spell name="Ingot Eater" type="trigger" consumeItem="1" consumeItemType="reagent" downtime="32" icon="skills/ingot_eater32.png">
        </spell>

<!-- This spell may or may not be needed. -->
    <spell name="Able to Eat Ingots" type="self">
        <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Ingot Connoisseur" amount="1" />
        <effect type="trigger" spell="Ingot Connoisseur"/>
        <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Iron Eating Sickness" amount="1" />
        <description text="You can eat Ingots now." />
        </spell>

<!-- Wondering if I should Remove Description/icon, whether I should add bad="0" or removable="0", whether to remove the timer and/or add a brittle stack. -->
    <spell name="Ingot Connoisseur" type="self">
        <buff useTimer="1" time="1" stacksize="1" allowstacking="1" icon="skills/ingot_eater64.png" smallicon="skills/ingot_eater32.png">
        <description text="You can eat not just food, but ingots also!"/>
        </buff>
        </spell>

<spell name"Ingot Eater Dummy Buff" type="self" icon="???">
        <effect type="trigger" amount="1" spell="Iron Eating Sickness"/>
        <effect type="trigger" amount="1" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Ingot Connoisseur" spell="Ingot Eater Healing" taxa="Player" />
        </spell>

<!-- This is the healing spell. -->
    <spell name="Ingot Eater Healing" type="self">
       <!-- <anim sfx="???"/> -->
        </spell>

<spell name="Iron Eating Sickness" type="self">
        <buff useTimer="1" time="1" stacksize="1" allowstacking="1" icon="skills/ingot_eater64.png" smallicon="skills/ingot_eater32.png">
        <secondarybuff id="13" amount="-15"/>
        <description text="You cannot eat Ingots!"/>
        </buff>
        </spell>

Note: Spoilers added to avoid ridiculously long code. I looked around at Swashbucklers, Crafting Guru and Crafter's Helper so far. I still could use an example toward how allstaire's idea is supposed to work.