Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Loren, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Loren

Loren Member

Have a happy, fun, and safe thanksgiving this year, everyone!

Happy belated thanksgiving to all of you in Canada!

To everyone else: Eat a little more than you normally would on November 22nd. Don't feel bad, I gave you permission.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

What are YOU grateful for?

Personally, I'm grateful that small children don't burst into flame at the mention of the number 4. That's always made me happy.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Loren

Loren Member

I'm afraid to ask if you tested that on your spawn, its specificity is somewhat alarming. Besides the clichéd family whatnot, I'm grateful that I have money in the bank for the inevitable run on my wallet from the Water Vapor thief that happens between right now and new years day. That, and Midnight Truffle blizzards. It was a party in my mouth, and chocolate was invited.

Essence likes this.
  4. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

I'm grateful for:

1. The Internet. How else would I be talking to you guys? ^_^
    2. Being skinny enough to not feel guilty about eating too much (so long as it stays down)
    3. Seeing four generations under one roof.
    4. Gravy.

Essence likes this.
  5. mining

mining Member

I'm thankful for being a 'strayan ;).

Essence likes this.
  6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful to be spending time with my niece and nephew, and I'm grateful that my brother and sister-in-law are doing all the cooking this year (we're just supplying the kitchen and dining room). I'm grateful for turkeys for being so delicious. And I'm grateful that I didn't run into the car in front of me this afternoon, when he stopped short to look at the family of 4 deer on the front lawn of a house we were passing (deer were grateful as well that they were not hit, I'm sure,, and content and amused to watch the near-accident near-unfold before their eyes).

Essence likes this.
  7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating!

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am grateful for all the little things we so often take for granted.

The fact that most animals either do not care one-way-or-another for us, or are actually happy to be around us.

I am grateful that a fire-breathing velociraptor has not tried to eat me, nor ask me to complete a survey.

I am grateful that the Internet is available to be used and abused by all of us. I am especially grateful governments of the world have largely left it alone so we do not get propaganda crammed both ways.

I am grateful I have enough of my mind left to come up with insane dribble to spew on forums like this for others to read and wonder just how far gone I must be. :D

TheJadedMieu, SkyMuffin and Essence like this.
  9. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

im grateful wizardlands finally went on sale,saved a whopping 2 dollars! totally worth the 5 month wait -.-

vlad digula ur going down d00d! =)

SkyMuffin and Essence like this.
  10. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Brother and his family just left. I'm so stuffed. I taught my niece and nephew "Ticket to Ride" on the IPad, and we managed to finish the game. I started teaching Cosmic Encounter, but we kept getting interrupted with various chores (you'd almost think that turkey is more important than gaming).

Per our family tradition, both my niece and nephew serenaded us on the violin. My nephew is actually pretty talented for his age -- he's only 9. My niece is significantly older (in the 11th grade) and is contemplating college and the S.A.T.s, and is no slouch herself on the violin (she just needs to practice more, but teens don't always do what they oughta. Adults too, for that matter).

Anyway, it was a good time. We had the traditional Turkey, but flavored with lime (pretty tasty, except sometimes I got pieces with lime peel still in it, which tasted incredibly bitter). And we had pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream on top for desert. Yum!

Hope everyone else enjoyed their holiday.

11. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

And in the spirit of the holiday:

And of course, you can't truly celebrate Thanksgiving without at least listening to the following: