Alpha 47 Tell Me What You Hate About The Building And Module Creator

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Hmmm, can we hope to see "gabions" made of brick in the future perhaps...

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Oh sweet, carnival rides.

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Okay, so.

A first version of this has now made its way into Alpha 47B on Steam. It is, uh, VERY experimental, and I think I will likely spend my long weekend fixing stuff that is on fire here. However, you can now try it and report bugs.

Some notes:

- There is a bunch of visual ugliness with how we display floor plans. It's all basically terrible and ugly, and needs a good cleanup. Also known: doors don't punch holes in buildings right now; I just ran out of time to get that working again.
    - There are a few known bugs with the zone placer, where you can move the thing out of the window and create very large zones.
    - Probably some key bindings need work.

Otherwise, let me know what you think - esp. the snapping behaviour for modules. The good news is that this is now a clean slate rewrite, so we can now actually *fix* things, thank goodness.

4. razrien

razrien Member

Mmmm, that fresh patch smell.

Right away I could tell that the snapping feels a lot smoother than before. It doesn't 'catch' on itself like it used to.
    Also its a nice little touch that the furniture/decor stays in the same position after you place them. It makes placing multiple windows and beds quite a bit more user friendly. Its a small thing, but made me smile.

I need to dig in a bit more before I can give a full opinion, but first impressions are really good so far.

5. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

I briefly fired up the experimental build and once I got used to it not snapping, the new module placement is so much nicer, so thanks!

Also, you are a terrible man for distributing classified materials. So I guess we can look forward to seeing more of the late(ish) game begin to find its way into public revisions then?

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's headed that way, yes.