Alpha 47 Tell Me What You Hate About The Building And Module Creator

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The building queue is not what is being addressed right now. Construct building *is* listed in the jobs queue.

TIki: Yes, you end up in the square on every click. The one exception is a 2x1 module, where the game will *vertically* try to put the module in teh closest square, but horizontally will try to center it around the closest vertex.

2. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Yeah I got sidetracked again whoops

3. that's exactly my hate list

4. Nicholas

(I'm keeping the list above updated as I work through stuff.)

5. I feel like this might not be quite for this topic, but I'll let others be the judge. I would like the ability to pause building a building. Sort of like how Banished does it. Maybe not such an issue late game though.

6. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Oh yes, if you set a building to be demolished, you can't really cancel it. If you remove the job from the jobs panel, the building can't be used, and you won't be able to demolish it ever. Quite annoying if you happened to misclick on something important.

7. Selly1

Selly1 Member

I'll second the calls for the ability to save a blueprint for later use, and being able to cancel Demolish.

On a related note, would it be possible to maybe move the giant red X for "demolish" a little further away from the small x for "close window"? I haven’t made that mistake yet, but suspect I eventually will.

8. Nicholas

This work, while ongoing, didn't make it into Alpha 47A. I'm hoping to have it in Alpha 47B next week.

9. It'd be great to know how many resources it'd take to build the selected area before you let go of the mouse button to lay out the foundation.

10. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Could you please put it in the OP and update it there? That might help visibility.

Cool. I'm sure it's not easy to fit all that in.

11. razrien

razrien Member

Interesting stuff. Seems like the gripes that sprung to mind are already in the 'to be eventually fixed' list, which is pretty nice.

My only input to this would be something I mentioned in the design suggestions part of the forum, which is that it would be really cool if laying down building foundations automatically flattened the ground beneath it, Simcity style.

It already designates all the rocks and trees and other stuff to be cleared out, but I don't know how many times i've went to put down something and I juuuust can't make it wide enough because one stinking block of red is in the way, making me wait until that flattening job is done.
    Also, it would be cool if we could 'paint' stockpiles and graves and farm spaces on the ground square by square like we do with building plans.

12. Nicholas

Courtyards!

Attached Files:

Rentahamster and Unforked like this.
  13. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

You are just rewarding Alavaria's method of using buildings as walls. :)

14. Nicholas

You actually can't place a building inside of another building at present; the game just won't let you.

Here's another one.

Attached Files:

15. Mikel

That was the same picture.

16. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Or is it....

dbaumgart likes this.
  17. Nicholas

Oh, sorry, yes it is the wrong photo.

Attached Files:

18. Nicholas

(These images contain redacted information and discussion or dissemination of this technology should be considered Treason in the eyes of Her Majesty and All That Stand With Her. But really, they're just to show that the standalone module placer now works correctly.)

Attached Files:

mailersmate, Tikigod, Samut and 2 others like this.
  19. Mikel

My face hurts from smiling.

20. Unforked

Unforked Member

Oh... the teasing!

21. Mikel

Any time frame on when we will have the automated fish-steak dispensers in that image? :)