Taunting or Stop Sneaking Button

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nasrudith, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Nasrudith

Nasrudith Member

Since the update I have found myself oddly enough missing monsters coming at me. It'd be nice to have some sort of option for when you don't want to sneak about and yes you would prefer to be swarmed by them. Perhaps some sort of yell or taunt button? It would kind of go against the general interface philosophy of the keyboard of functions. Perhaps as part of an interface a sneak/don't sneak button?

2. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

I like this idea a lot better than other ideas I've seen to simply revert the change. Previously, I never really put a lot of thought into a "sneaky" rogue and considered the sneakiness stat fairly useless, since unless you got it REALLY high it really wasn't much help. Now, I'm actually thinking a rogue using his high nimbleness and sneakiness to avoid detection and take out monsters one by one without needing to resort to using a chokepoint might be a good build.

3. EvilCyst

EvilCyst Member

I know what you mean. Sounds like a good idea.

I opened a monster zoo and most of them just sat there. It was quite underwhelming, unlike the zerg rushes of the previous zoos. Maybe they could also have all monsters in a zoo automatically know where you are?

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Every monster in that zoo will detect you if one does so that pretty much already happens.

Also Hunter's Lure does this.

5. Average Joe

Average Joe Member

That didn't happen to me today. I hit a zoo and there was a large mix of monsters who were sleeping, monsters who hadn't detected me, and monsters who wanted to kill me. This was after I launched a Bolt of Squid in there.