Swashbucklers Mod: More stuff for pirates!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Ruigi, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Mark

Mark Member

Hey, can you put this sexy beast on Steam?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Warlock

Warlock Member

This is probably a moot question at this stage but are you going to try and make any additions or such to this great mod at some point in the future?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

What is wrong with using it via the forums? Steam is a real dick to modders at times. There is zero advantage to using it from steam as well.

4. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

Well it automatically updates if you need to through steam

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It updates for your game, not for your saves. Your saves still use the old version to avoid incompatibilities. Besides, there are no updates so far.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yup, that. And this was actually changed because Steam's "automatic updating" kept on breaking saves.

So there you go, just download it there instead of Steam.

Rakankrad and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Almost certainly. When we shipped it, Ruigi and I both had lists of things we'd like to add given infinite time, but which weren't critical enough to be worth delaying the mod any further. I'm sure we'll get back to them eventually.

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

always looking forward to new things. :3

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  9. hwayunhae

hwayunhae Member

Hmm. I downloaded the mod and when I activate it the game refuses to start because a number of the skills/xxxx.png files aren't there. mainly for the ones that only require xxxx32.png. I think I'll just go through the spellDB and itemsDB and arbitrarily replace the name of the missing item with the name of another picture in the folder so it will at least run. >.<

Edit: I noticed that some of the files missing from the mod's skills folder are in the primary game's skills folder. so the game might be having issues due to it calling to icons that are from an expansion pack I don't have? I've been lazy about updating to Wizardlands........

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

This mod requires conquest of the wizardlands, also, unzipping the mod into it's own folder seems to help with the .png issues.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Capitalization issues? Or something else?

12. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Did you unzip the file Hway? I had similar issue and unzipping it fixed it. Oops, just saw Ruigi said same thing.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

The game keeps crashing upon loading any character, also just created for test purpose characters, saying it miss something from this mod.
    :edit: deactivating everything and readding mods seems to have fixed this. Maybe it was a compatibilty issue, or I dunno.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

In the future, please screenshot the little error window so we can read the errors. It helps more than you are likely to believe. :)

15. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I cannot, since I can recall that window error from yesterday. The game now just shut down istantly, I just see this little yellowish window popping up, and then the desktop.
    No time to make screenshots.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Alright. Disregard my advice then. :)

Vitellozzo likes this.
  17. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Can you run swashbucklers without any other mods? Do you think you can find out which mod is causing the conflict?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Without any other mod, or with some of them, I'm not running into this problem.
    But as soon as I loaded all the mods I was using, this is happening again, so I'm testing with every other mod. This is a similar issue with that blademaster and iaijutsu mod.
    Expect feedback.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Warlock

Warlock Member

I can run Swashbucklers' quite fine (only with a rare CTD if I go over two floors at once) heavily modded with most content packs, the only issues I've experienced were with the skillset mods that weren't included in said mods.

Running Swashbucklers' mod by itself has given me no problems.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I think maybe the error is with Mo' Steampunk. That, or some kind of skill mod which must be wrote bad.
    More testing ahead.

OmniaNigrum likes this.