Swashbucklers Mod: More stuff for pirates!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Ruigi, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, I wouldn't say "everyone", but yeah, that's pretty much it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I'm playing Dredmor with those ALL 200 MODS and stuff and, man, you can believe how much my game does NOT crash, anytime.
    Neither with this mod.
    Why can't your pc holds so much stuff. So much stuff!
    :edit: I've counted them and my mods are 85, for now. Pretty much lot's of simple mods like skill ones, but no problem issue anyway. Did I say lot's of content?
    :re-edit:
    I have every one of those, no problem for me starting the game or starting a new character.
    :re-re-edit: I've just tried a full mod from skills character, crash after the name screen. I've then created another pg with those skills, no crash. Weird.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. shaken

shaken Member

All I can say is if you are gathering mods for a potential YNTEP again, please, if you plan on including this one, add in a trigger on item equip / unequip, or give items the ability to provide a buff while equipped... anything to clean up the nightmare mess that the item set code became (I'm sure it's no Arcane Capacitor, but I do believe there are at least 1k lines total for the 4 item sets).

4. Warlock

Warlock Member

THIS. Please look into coding trigger on item equip/unequip, PLEASE.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I have a sinking feeling that between this mod and the Vaults of Maslech, CES may have some serious competition for its #1 spot on the Workshop. :)

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's not like the workshop matters when it comes to relevant data about mods' popularity.

But whatever makes you feel better, Essence.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Hey, I don't have a lot that I hang my ego on -- but being the creator of The Most Popular Mod for DoD is one of them, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :)

Vitellozzo, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Which is why I wrote "whatever makes you feel better". Though I don't think you need Steam workshop to come to the conclusion that your mod is really popular.

9. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Got an error when I equipped a tricorn hat: "skills/iobicorne64.png not found. Game will probably crash". Will try and find another hat to see if it crashes. It didnt cause the error until I attacked a monster though, so kind of odd.

Update: the error was happening with other items from your mod also, then I realized I was running it from the zip file in my mod directory. I unzipped it, and I have not had a crash even with the same hat on.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

This is a big problem, but I'm not sure I Can do anything about it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Not sure there is a problem at all. I think it was my fault for running it zipped. Like I said, simply unzipping the file into my mod directory seemed to fix it. Will test some more though.'

Update: Your mod is fine. I learned something new, not to run a zipped mod from my Mod directory. Might explain some other issues I had with various mods.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am tempted to make a "Hippo Spray" mod for Steam workshop just to show that people *There* clearly want terrible shit.

Your feedback here is what matters. Steam can go plow itself. We love you Essence, just like we love Fax and Ruigi and the other great modders I am not mentioning here. (In a Platonic sense, that is. Our love for you. My comment on Steam plowing itself is not Platonic. :D)

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Maybe The Very well Know Capital Letters Bug? Since it crashes only with the zip.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Warlock

Warlock Member

Out of curiosity, is it intended that no modded items spawn in the wizardlands? Or is it a limitation of the engine? Thanks.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If the item spawns are "random", then they can spawn there. But most of the time items are fixed and generated from the seeds, and these won't give you mod items (as far as I recall, either way).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Warlock

Warlock Member

so, in theory, is it likely to find modded items when exploring Diggle Hell? Since it's almost completely randomized, anyway.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If there are any really random spawns, then yes. But since there's no way to spawn the exact same Diggle Hell (because your seed is discarded and a random one is generated) and thus there is no way to ascertain whether there are any really random item spawns and not just ones generated from the seed, you can but hope.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Warlock

Warlock Member

sigh........ tested it out in Diggle Hell, and it turns out that we're unable to get any sort of modded item in the dungeon itself spawned in Wizardland codes OR diggle hell. I might just point this out to the devs in a suggestion, but in the meantime, this is me after I realised what was going on:
    [​IMG]

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Warlock

Warlock Member

Addendum: posted a suggestion for the devs to take a look.

20. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I fixed the download link

OmniaNigrum likes this.