Superhero Skill Mod (WiP)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bohandas, May 16, 2013.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Here's a new mod I put together: It adds a new "Superhero" skill tree.
    It also adds one new item, the Cunning Disguise (see below). I'd like to add more items, but I can't draw very well, and I don't know how to add transparency to icons anyway.

(BTW, Special Thanks to Monkooky for figuring out why the previous versions of the mod were making the game crash.)

"Your parents were murdered by a radioactive diggle while they arranged for your escape from their doomed planet. After graduating from the school for gifted mutants you supported yourself by getting a job at the local newspaper, and eventually worked your way up to become the head of a major corporation. Now you fight crime."
    You start with a Camera and a Cunning Disguise (The Cunning Disguise has the same graphic and stats as spectacles, except that it also adds sneakiness)

Lv0- Toughamantium Claws
    "The Toughamantium plating on your skeleton, your retractable bone claws, and your ability to heal wounds super quickly make you a force to be reckoned with."
    :stubborness:2 :block:2 :armor_asorb:1 :life_regen:1
    :resist_crushing:2
    Grants "Toughamantium Claws" buff ability which adds piercing and slashing damage and may rarely cause enemies to bleed out

Lv1- Pseudoscorpion Sense
    "Your Pseudoscorpion Sense alerts you to hidden dangers."
    :dodge:1 :trap_sense:1 :sight:1
    Occasionally procs "Pseudoscorpion Sense:, which removes invisibility of surrounding monsters

Lv2- Faster Than A Speeding Bolt
    "You're faster than a sppeding bolt and can leap tall items of dungeon furniture in a single bound"
    :nimbleness:5 :edr:1
    Grants the "Leap Tall Buildings" ability (a teleport effect) and occasionally procs the nimbleness buff "Super Speed" (which also triggers whenever Leap Tall Buildings is used
    Pseudoscorpion Sense procs more often

Lv3- Gadgets Galore
    "You've got all sorts of cool gizmos hidden on your person for every situation."
    :caddishness:1 :savvy:1 :trap_level:1 :tinkerer:1
    Occasionally procs "Gadgets Galore" which drops gadgets and reagents

Lv4- More Powerful Than A Locomotive
    "This power was definitively confirmed two years ago during your MMA gurdge match against Thomas the Tank Engine"
    :burliness:5 :stubborness:2
    Occasionally procs "More Powerful than a Locomotive", which deals crushing and blasting damage and knocks enemies back
    Gadgets galore procs more often and may spawn better gadgets

Lv5- Nuclear Experimentation
    "Your Experiments into using gamma rays to exponentize your intrinsic field have yielded big dividends."
    :alchemy:1 :wand_burn:1
    :dmg_transmutative:3 :resist_transmutative:3 :resist_aethereal:2
    Occasionally procs "Smash Atoms" when you hit

Lv6- Truth. Justice. Et Cetera.
    "Spin. Self-Righteousness. Jingoism."
    :dmg_righteous:5 :resist_righteous:3 :resist_nercomatic:3 :resist_existential:3
    Very rarely procs Midas when you hit
    More Powerful Than a Locomotive procs more often

Lv7- Incredibrow Hulk
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. Or drunk. You might not like me when I'm drunk either."
    :burliness:2 :stubborness:2
    Occasionally procs the powerful buff Hulking Form when you are hit or when you drink alcohol. Often procs other anger related buffs if Hulking Form doesn't proc.
    Grants the "Always Angry" ability to occasionally trigger Hulking Form automatically
    Super Speed, Gadgets Galore, and More Powerful Than A Locomotive proc a bit more often.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other things that I'd like to add later:

Items:
    ->(If anybody can draw good icons for these I'd be very grateful)<-
    -Green Gaslamp Ring (Green lantern Ring) DONE!
    -Austere Industries Powered Plate (Iron Man suit; Top half) DONE!
    -Austere Industries Powered pants (Iron Man Suit; Bottom Half)
    -Austere industries Rocket Gauntlets (Iron Man gloves) DONE!
    -Austere Industries High Class Helm (Iron Man Helm/JARVIS Computer) DONE!
    -Appallingly Jingoistic Shield (Captain America's Shield)
    -Tack hammer (Mystery Men training scene; "When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will head off your foes with a balanced attack") DONE!
    -Bomb-proof Bracelets (Wonder Woman's Bullteproof Bracelets)
    -Chiropterang (Batman's Bat-a-rang; this parody version uses the overly technical term "chiropteran" instead of the more accessible term "Bat")
    -Jericho Bolt (The Jericho Missile from Iron Man 1) DONE!

Descriptions:
    -Toughamantium Claws (the buff) needs a non-placeholder description DONE!

Improved Graphics:
    -Increased Anger's graphic should be changed to a caricature of Mister Furious DONE!

Classes:
    -Supervillain (I'm currently working on a supervillain class to go with the superhero class)

Rooms:
    -Shrine to the Diggle Ogdru Jahad Done (except for description of bkessing buff)

Please tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I need a parody of the Green Lantern oath to use as the description for the Green Gaslamp Ring.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

OK, so I've got two possible descriptions for the buff from the Toughamantium Bone Claws ability (which up until now was simply described with the words "Placeholder Description") but I don't know which to use. They're both based on infomercials for kitchen appliances, but I don't know whether to use:

This one (based on this commercial for Ginsu knives):
    "In the matrial arts the hand can be used like a knife, but this does not work with a tomato... Unless you have actual knives growing out of your hands! Introducing Toughamantium Bone Claws, an appendage that no superhero should be without! Toughamantium Claws can cut a Wight so thin you can almost see through it and stabs Diggles better than a level 1 knife! It goes through Frozen Golems like melted butter and can cut through a Tin Ingot and remain sharp enough to cut a tomato! Order yours today!"

Or this one, (based on this commercial for the Ronco Veg-O-Matic):
    "Toughamantium plated bone claws make slicing easy! Saves you time by slicing evil magic potatoes in only one stroke! Juliennes carrotys! Dices diggles! Order yours today!"

What do you think? Which one should I go with?

Vitellozzo, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The first one. Definitely the first one.

Vitellozzo, Bohandas and OmniaNigrum like this.
  6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I'll go with that then.

I also need help coming up with with descriptions for a few more things. To wit:

-The Hexeract: A parody of The Tesseract from the Avengers movie. Its abilities are similar to a level 6 orb.
    -Ununoctian Blanket: A parody of the Kryptonian blankets that Superman's cape was made from in most versions of his continuity. (Ununoctium, like Krypton, is also the name of a Group 18 element. From among Group 18 I chose Ununoctium as a planet name because its comically obscure and because I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been used as a place name before)

EDIT:
    I also need a description for the Blessing of the Diggle Ogdru Jahad

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, I know it's not much of a reply, but give me a day and I'll try to think of something.

Right now I'm... well, you don't want me to try to think about anything you make lest it spontaneously explodes or combusts.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I'm also working on a supervillain skill to go along with this, and for one of the abilities I need suggestions for supervillain type things that relate to the themes of existing classes (such as the Anti-Life Equation[/i] for mathemagic, the Red Lantern for berserker rage, etc.); its my plan for one of the abilities to occasionally proc minor secondary buffs in addition to the main buff that it activates and I'd like some of these to be thematically appropriate to whatever else the character is doing.

EDIT: and to clarify, I will gladly take suggestions related to supervillians from non-superhero related genres (such as the villains from the James Bond movies and novels)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Here's another updated version

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.