Suggestion that has been really bugging me lately

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by wyattman854, Jul 22, 2011.

1. wyattman854

wyattman854 Member

I feel the game would be a lot more comical/entertaining/humorous/whatever if you were able to see the clothes you equipped your character with. Like if you have the cone helmet, and equip it, your guy is wearing a cone. the player model. Im not sure if this is too difficult to do or something, i simply think it would bring a whole new level of awesome to the game.

2. Embolus

Embolus Member

It is too troublesome for too little gain, considering you'll need to have at least four sprites for every piece of equipment: and you'd probably need more than that to address character movement, etc.

3. satoru

satoru Member

Their previous blog entry went into the specifics as to why this isn't possible

http://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/2011/07/14/crashes-cynical-brit-feature-request-faq/

We will be getting a female sprite in the future though.

4. tripleomega

tripleomega Member

While it is certainly esthetically more pleasing to see your character wearing his equipment, there is a trade-off. Making graphics for all the items and making them work in all situations will take a lot of time, but more importantly it'll make adding new items to the game way harder. With limited funds and a small team you really can't do both lots of content and fancy graphics.

Personally I'd like the game to stay flexible rather then give that up for graphics.

5. wyattman854

wyattman854 Member

all of you are correct. in retrospect, id rather see new items and stuff than what i suggested.