Stuck after teleport because actions bar is in the way

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Rémi, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Rémi

Rémi Member

Hi everyone.

I used Ley teleport to get up three or four cases, to grab an artifact, and then I found I could no longer get down the same way : the screen's taken up with the action icons bar (items on the left, skills/spells on the right, character portrait in the middle). and since it's the top of the map, no way to teleport up or left/right either. And I can't find a way to disable the actions bar. So... help please ?

BTW, I wonder why there is this blind spot on the bottom of the screen, I've found it problematic in certain cases (opening a Monster Zoo from above : very poor visibility).

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I agree. It would be nice to uave a button to toggle the action bar or move it aroind.

3. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

The number of spaces accessible on screen varies quite a bit depending on monitor size and graphics settings. Have you tried changing your resolution, or switching between windowed and full screen modes? Even if it just frees up a pixel or two of a targetable space poking out from under the action bar you should be able to teleport to it. Certainly worth a few minutes trying it out, if you haven't already. You could also try opening the saved game on a different computer entirely, to see if that fixes it.

As a last resort, there's also the debug mode, which allows access to a hotkey for teleporting to the previous level. (On Steam, right click Dungeons of Dredmor from your Library, select "properties" from the pop-up, and then the "set launch options" options button. Type "-debug-flag" and then start the game. Once you're in the game, typing a lower case "p" will move you to the previous floor, or clicking inside the minimap will move you to the corresponding room.) Debug mode is mighty cheaty, but it may be preferable to losing a character over an odd interface issue.

Bohandas and Turbo164 like this.
  4. Rémi

Rémi Member

Thank you for your answers, I finally found a way to rescue this character and he's pretty close to his appointment with Dredmor.

Still, I wonder about this lack of visibility on the lower part of the screen. I usually have such high Perception that I could, in theory, see much farther than the screen allows (in all directions, for that matter). It's kind of annoying if you have long-range abilities which you cannot actually use.

Is the dev team still active? Could something be done like a zoom in/zoom out option?

5. Wolg

Wolg Member

This has come up before. Unfortunately the answer was "not easily", due to how the game was built originally.

Gaslamp's stated goal for the forseeable future is bringing Clockwork Empires to full release.