Strongest builds for beating dredmor

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by darkonex, Mar 11, 2013.

1. darkonex

darkonex Member

Anyone have any advice for good strong builds to beat dredmor. im very new to the game.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

3. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I think that thread is misleading. Builds that are good for helping new characters beat the game are not necessarily the same thing as builds that a skilled veteran used to beat the game.

If you're new to the game and you want to beat Dredmor for the first time I suggest a mage character with alchemy

Core Skills
    Mathemagic (teleport will help you get out of almost any sticky situation)
    Blood Magic (will give you a mana boost against those zoos)
    Alchemy (will give you a steady supply of potions and magical gear)
    Archaeology (you really want this, use it to level up quickly with "It belongs in a museum")
    Psionics (take it up to pyrokinesis, best single target burn spell in the game)
    Necronomiconomics/Promethian (gives you the big guns for taking out zoos. stick to Promethian if you feel that necro is too dangerous)
    Magic Training (will give you a good boost to spell casting for the early game and the mute effect you learn part way through will help you against dredmor)

4. darkonex

darkonex Member

Thanks a ton for the info!

5. Essence

See, I entirely disagree with that. I think mage characters are too difficult to play 'right', especially for new players. If you want to beat Dredmor, you can totally walk up and kick him in the face as long as you have 100% block and 100% magic reflect. The latter is taken care of with two Mirror Shields, so you just need 100% block.

Mirror Shield is craftable with Smithing. Smithing will also let you craft various high-Block armors and whatnot. It also gives you Burliness, which means moar HP and moar Melee Power.

Smithing
    Unarmed (for to dual-wield shields)
    Clockwork Knight (utility; Power Armor recipes)
    Shield Bearer (block; HP Regen)
    Master of Arms (block; HP Regen)
    Vampirism (take huge advantage of all that HP regen)
    Fungal Arts (pets for distraction; more healing; invis; resist buffs for vs. Dredmor; Rogue stats for more combatty goodness.)

With 100% block,you don't have to worry about stuff like Corruption. With 100% magic resist, you don't have to worry abotu most of Dredmor's spells. By the time you get to him, you'll have enough Hoglanterns that taking a time out and eating a few Fairywodger or Blungecaps to regain your lost HP won't be an issue. You'll be able to stand right next to him and kick his everliving face in, and with no complicated range-dancing, mana-watching, or dying to a trap you missed.

6. darkonex

darkonex Member

Any suggestion on skill order?

7. darkonex

darkonex Member

Hey Ruigi, what level should i take each of these skills too and is there a skill order for how i should do that?

8. darkonex

darkonex Member

Hey Essence, what skills do i want to get first? Im having some issues.

9. Essence

1 level of CK for the Rocket Fist.
    1 level of Fungal Arts for the pet and the full suite of mushrooms.
    1 level of Vampirism for Drinker of the Dead.
    2 levels of Master of Arms for Walk It Off
    1 level of Shield Bearer for Turtle Maneuver.
    Alternate CK and Smithing until done with both.
    Run up Unarmed for big powah going into the bottom floors.

Kazeto likes this.