Strange Wizardland code bug (Level 7 found)

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by sadron, Aug 13, 2012.

1. sadron

sadron Member

The code I found on level 7 Argaklechlech did not spawn a portal for me, it just gave me the Diggle Hell portal, and put a bunch of items in my inventory, a few being artifacts. And when I try to save the exe fails :p

2. Borodin

Borodin Member

Surrounded by monsters? Dropped a lot of valuable items in your pocket? That wasn't Diggle Hell. That was Wall Street.

Essence likes this.
  3. sadron

sadron Member

No I never went in the portal. I'm saying it spawned the red Diggle Hell portal and put a bunch of items in my bag.

4. Borodin

Borodin Member

Oh, a congressman.

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  5. Glazed

Glazed Member

I can't reproduce this. The code doesn't resolve to a valid wizardland. (It brings up a portal to Diggle Hell.) But I get no item strangeness, or crashing on save.

6. sadron

sadron Member

It was very weird. I actually noticed more. It replaced some of my gear in my inventory, I think to older stuff I wore as it gave me back the electric necklace thingy and the wrench I had before my magma mace. My gold went down as well, from 122k to 88k, I'm thinking somehow bugged to an earlier save? Now that I think about it... maybe it outright put my inventory back how it was earlier? I don't necessarily remember the items I got but...

7. Glazed

Glazed Member

Ah. I have heard of stuff like this happening. Usually people just lose all of their inventory. But sometimes a save game can end up with more than one copy of your character in it and it loads the older one when your game loads. This has been fixed, I'm sure, and will be in the next update.

8. sadron

sadron Member

One small saving grace at least is the game would crash when I had tried to save. Like it was saying "Noooo this is a bad idea!"

9. Entering the wizardlands and having your character reverted to an older state (levels, xp, skills, items, etc)is apparently a known bug that's getting fixed in the next patch.