Steam

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by tea-chan, Oct 15, 2014.

1. tea-chan

tea-chan Member

I am sure most of you have Steam account. It means that you buy games. And sometimes you buy games and do not play into them. Is this true for you, or it is just my fantasy? In other words, how often you do not play in games you buy on Steam?
    (I'm trying to come up with the theme for my coursepaper)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This is very true in my case. I currently have 471 games in my Steam Library. But only a few dozen have ever been played.

Understand, that I have put thousands of hours into some games, but many I wind up getting in Humble Bundles and paying a trivial amount for, and after trying and repeatedly failing to give them away for free, I wind up just adding the crappy ones to my library so I do not have to find a home for them.

3. Wolg

Wolg Member

I have a fair amount of unplayed titles on steam.

Some are picked up during publisher bundle sales, but a significant proportion are gifts received, which have either been ignored due to (perceived toxic) DRM, or just haven't got around to trying them yet.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I currently have 568 games on steam. I would say that I have played maybe around 100 or so of them. At least a little bit. I have finished maybe 25 to 50 of the games at least once and some of them I have come very close to finishing at least one run through.

I get most of my games in bundle sales, especially as I don't have much money and even $5 US for a game is a large investment for me. Most of the games I have played for only a short time I thought were okay and will likely play them someday. Having them on steam means I don't have to worry about losing the CD or DVD of the game so that is one advantage in steam. Many are games that don't look all that great to me as I don't tend to play that type of game, like racing sims and such. I decided to keep them as even if I don't play them myself, when I have company over they might want to play them and they didn't cost me any more than for the games I did want in the bundle I purchased.

All of that said, I will likely install and play the games that I don't care much for if I ever get bored of the others and want to try out something different. Oh, I should probably mention that some of the games I have tried have absolutely terrible control schemes and will likely only go back to those sometime in the future after having forgotten that I hated them or to see if anyone put a patch out to make them playable.

Currently, I have been playing a LOT of Warlock: Master of the Arcane and while it does have bugs, they aren't massive and they aren't game ending bugs. I also recently like to play minetest like games that have crafting, mining and building as main components. My third favorite type that I usually keep going back for are first person shooters, my only major requirement for those is that they use a mouse and keyboard for their controls because I find them FAR superior to console controllers.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IHateControllers
    A couple games for the PC had controllers as the default input devices, and if you were a keyboard and mouse/trackball person they had the absolute worst controls possible. So I made this Steam group purely to protest this phenomena.

Please do understand that if you like console controllers, by all means feel free to use them. But at the same time, I feel I should not be forced into it. /derail off