Starting Equipment bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mr_Strange, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Certain skill lines start you off with some basic equipment. If you have duplicate equipment (two hats, say from Astrology and Golemancy) the extra stuff is supposed to show up in your inventory.

I was working on a Warlock build, with the following skills:

Staves, Dual Wield, Master of Arms, Alchemy, Blood Mage, Viking Wizardry, Warlockery.

But when I start this way, I do NOT have the iron breastplate that Master of Arms is supposed to grant. I've tried this a few times - same results. I get the iron breastplate when I try other builds including Master of Arms...

is there something I'm missing? Or is this a bug?

2. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I think you only get the iron breastplate if you are running a majority of Warrior skills.

3. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Hmmm - it appears you are correct. Apparently if you have a majority of warrior skills, you get leather armor by default - which can be over-written with the Iron Cuirass. If you have a majority of rogue skills you get the fancy shirt. If you have a majority of wizard skills, you get a robe - which can be over-written by wizard skills, such as the jacket.

I think the case I put forth is bad - because I end up with the robe. I think I should have the iron cuirass - anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I kinda agree with you. I really feel like MoA should give the awesome start armor all the time, it's at least 60% of the reason for the skill.

5. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Don't you end up with duplicates of anything guaranteed in your inventory though?

6. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

You do. However, it appears that armor is a special case, because characters have a "default" armor. In some cases, the "default" armor for one archetype (Rogue, Warrior, Wizard) is over-ruling granted armors. If your armor is clobbered in this way, you do NOT end up with a dupe in your inventory.

I call shenanigans!