*SPOILER* Lutefisk Statue

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Tekvorian, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Tekvorian

Tekvorian Member

Don't read if you want to find out yourself.

At some point, you will find a horadric lutefisk cube (reference to Diablo 2 if anyone remembers). It allows you to create lutefisk from any item. If you give enough of them to the lutefisk god over its statues, then it rewards you with items.
    I gave it about 30-40 and it gave me a lvl 4 staff. Not bad for transforming crap stuff into lutefisk.

2. MisterS42

MisterS42 Member

Thanks for this... Was wondering what they did.

3. Artreus

Artreus Member

Putting a horadric lutefisk cube into another horadric lutefisk cube produces an.. interesting result.

Also I am trying to save up as many lutefisk as I can. Hoping that if I give it a ton it will give me something great

4. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

I dropped something like 60 into at and received a 6-star sword IIRC.

5. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Burglary is a great source of Lutefisk if you get the cube early on.
    Last game I didn't get one until floor 8 and I had 400 lockpicks :(

6. Animation

Animation Member

I gave 101 and got a decent helm, but it wasnt great. I dont expect anything, but next time I donate I'm gonna give 69, and the next time after that I'm gonna try 666. Then maybe 2112.

Tedious? Sure. :)

7. Moglok

Moglok Member

i put 160 on level 1 (i used lots of mushrooms, among other things) i got a 3 star item... i put 60 into the level 2 guy and he didnt give me anything, so i added another stack of 80 or so to get an item from him, forget what i got that time..

8. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

I'm also starting to believe that the dungeon level, of the statue you use it with, can give you bigger items.

Not sure about this, though.

9. Maplehoof

Maplehoof Member

I fed lutefisk to a statue on level 5 one by one (separated my stack of ~200 using a crafting tool), and got an item after only giving ten away. I'm thinking the quality of the item and the quantity of fish needed may be entirely random; I recall needing about 50 for a statue in an earlier game. Sadly, I don't remember any of the items I recieved. Further testing is certainly needed.

10. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

My guess is that each statue has a random target number (or it's randomly checked as a percentage each time you tithe).

11. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

Yes, every statue has a random number, and then a random item output. There's no correlation at all between any of it. Simply the wonders of Roguelike RNG.