Spelunky!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Catbread, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Catbread

Catbread Member

Spelunky!

I suspect many of you enjoy roguelikes.
    If so, I suggest you give this one a look, if you haven't heard of it. You can download the original for free at that link, there.
    And if you have heard of it: The Xbox Live version came out recently, and it's hella sweet. I was a fan of the old one, and I'm very happy with the new version. Loads of new stuff! Spoooooky castle

I've been having a bit of trouble keeping motivated, though. I have yet to beat the game, and it doesn't feel like I'm improving at all. I angrily blogged about it.

Still fun, though! Also a shining pillar of game design or whatever.

Anyone have any especially embarrassing stories from this game? Original, XBLA, either one will do.

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I read you post here and there. Sounds interesting. But I think I will avoid the platformer jumping game and play with the box it came in like that wise cat avoids the expensive toys.

Catbread likes this.
  3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Spelunky is one of the neatest games ever, I recommend it to anyone because there isn't anything like it. I hope he'll release the XBLA-improved version on PC.

4. Catbread

Catbread Member

He probably will!
    But Microsoft tends to do exclusivity contracts, so we probably won't see anything like that for a while.
    Give it a couple of months, it'll show.