Spell-based Unlocking

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kybarsfang, Jul 26, 2011.

1. kybarsfang

kybarsfang Member

I'd like to see a spell added to one of the trees that will help with unlocking chests. Every time I start a game without Burglary, I barely find any lockpicks and most of the chests go unlocked. I know I can bash it open for a chance at the loot, but my quasi-OCDness weeps every time I destroy the chest's contents. :p

I was thinking that such a spell could replace Zenzizenzizenzic in Mathemagic, or even Pyrokinesis in Pionics. Those two lines would make the most sense for figuring out/knowing the combination to a safe.

If balance is an issue, maybe the spell could only have a 70% percentage chance of unlocking the chest and can only be used once per chest, which will make the caster go find a lockpick or take the risk of bashing the chest open.

2. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

I agree with this. Items are more useful to Mages and Rogues than they are to Warriors, so this would make sense.

3. Embolus

Embolus Member

If it has to replace something it should be Pyrokinesis, as IMO Psionics fits better with magical unlocking and Pyrokinesis is the spell that fits its school the least.

4. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

Yeah, Psionics, is more buff/support, though Magical Unlocking should be earlier in the tree, maybe before Nerve Staple.