Speeding up CE game play?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by ironbear, Nov 8, 2016.

1. ironbear

ironbear Member

Hi, I was just reading

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=384647604

I myself got Nvidia GTX770 and get to the "Manage 3D Settings" Screen already.
    After choosing the game .exe, I don't have the 2nd option as of attached picture.

[​IMG]
    The required 3rd options is 2nd option for me. And I see some people from the link I post above also got same problem there.
    What should I do?

Exile likes this.
  2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Is this a desktop or laptop GPU, by the way?

Exile likes this.
  3. ironbear

ironbear Member

Desktop

Exile likes this.
  4. Wolg

Wolg Member

Yeah, that option is typically for notebooks, where two sister GPUs are used -- one for general desktop compositing that has lower power draw and thus conserves battery, the other for higher performance. Desktop boards generally lack the power constraint so are just the latter.

Best bet to start with is to ensure you have the latest drivers for your card.

Incidentally, what sort of issue are you trying to solve here? Do animations stutter or things display weirdly, or do colonists walk a short distance, then all pause movement but still animate walking at normal speed, then move normally for a moment and repeat the walking pause over and over? Or is it something else?

Exile likes this.
  5. ironbear

ironbear Member

More like sometimes the game is lagging. Normally when load up the game or after saving the game, the game will lag for a short while. So thought that if I do this will help make my game run more smoothly

Exile likes this.
  6. Wolg

Wolg Member

Those are both serialisation ops; CPU and disk speed are probably more significant there.

Exile likes this.
  7. ironbear

ironbear Member

Oh ok