Speed as a stat

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Varkarrus, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Varkarrus

Varkarrus Member

The one thing that always odded me out was the fact that it is impossible to mod in units slower or faster than the player.

I was thinking there should be a minor stat that increases how often you can move. If it's twice as much as any other units' speed, you move twice as often as them, and so on. It shouldn't be very easy to change, and some monsters even on the lowest ends of the dungeons can end up with the same speed as the units on floor 1. That way, we can have slow moving goliaths that are way slower than the player, but hid hard, or have batties be even more annoying!

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If you want fast-moving units, I think there was something for that (never cared to use it so you'd have to look for it in the database).
    If you want slow juggernaults, you can do with some coding and clever use of the stun effect.

3. Varkarrus

Varkarrus Member

Wouldn't it just be far better to add support for that to the main game? Hell, most of the units could even have the same speed they do now.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty sure that due to the way "turns" are calculated, this would mess up everything/require a huge rewrite of the game.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Pretty much what Daynab said, Varkarrus. It is not supported by default so adding it would only mess with the game. There is a work-around for the whole thing, so you can emulate it if you wish.

6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Actually adding an extra AI turn should be that hard, should it? Might be difficult to balance properly, though, but really, who cares about balance.

OTOH this doesn't seem like a compelling feature at all to me.

7. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Monsters with Knightly Leap or other teleports can get you the speed approach, while monsters with "100% chance to cast a spell that silences self for 2 turns" would give them a reliable turn-skip.

Kazeto likes this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You can do it all if you want to, really. Just have some fun with a timed irresistible stun effect and you can multiply "speed" by whatever value you have in mind. The problem is that most people here don't have the imagination (or the skills, or the courage) to do that, so that leaves us with 1~5 people who could do that (and I doubt it's really 5 people, or even 4, but I included people who maybe could do it in the higher estimate).