Sorry for the dumb question, but...

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by gunnergoz, Sep 10, 2012.

1. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Member

I just now found out about the game and it looks intriguing, however I am unable to find from anything I've looked at so far, FAQ and press release included, whether this is a single player or MP only game, or if it is turn based or real time. If it is the latter, is it possible to pause and issue orders? I'm 64 and well past the stage where fast-moving games are fun for me.
    Thanks

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

As I understand it, the engine and game are far from finished. So these are likely to be included. But there is the off chance they will go with a real-time with zero pause potential. That chance has to exist since it can be played multiplayer.

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Pause in Single-Player. Multiplayer can be paused only if all players agree on it, and all players agree to un-pause it.

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

In other words, one player presses the "propose pause" button and they all get a pop-up asking them whether they agree?

Or will it be solved differently?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If this is handled like many 4x games, then upon starting a multiplayer game there would be a checkbox to toggle pausing on/off.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  6. I think given how other games of this sort have worked, you'll PROBABLY want to be able to pause to design things, even if you're otherwise playing mostly without pausing.

OmniaNigrum likes this.