So What's the Primary Reason You're Going to Buy the Game?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Leven, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Wolg

Wolg Member

...And then you will be personally chastised by the Prime Minister for refusing to attempt to turn such discoveries towards the Glory and Advancement of the Empire. And then come the Consequences. That's if the Anti-Paranormal Squad doesn't Collateral Damage your main settlement first while trying to ask for directions to the tavern.

That's the way it goes in this sort of game; covering against disaster from one vector will probably invite it from all the others.

EleSigma and Kazeto like this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, I guess you could make a totally stable colony with nothing breaking. But, the same way it is in Dwarf Fortress, that way of playing is bound to become boring quickly, and once you get to trying weird things instead, yeah, covering against one possible vector of disaster will leave you naked on some other side.

3. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

That's what I expect, like trying to destroy an artifact might instead either release whatever is inside or bring a curse upon your settlement to be invaded by cultists or llama people.

4. Createx

Createx Member

I'll probably get this game for the reason that bergstrom stated on page 1. I should love DF, but I can't. The UI is terrible, especially different menues using totally different hotkeys for the same things. Also, having mouse support is not a crime.
    I also love DoD to bits, it's one of my, if no the most played game I own. That's why I trust GLG on this one, especially considering their history concerning patches, interaction with the community etc... Also, the community is one of the best, see the R-word rule in here and the awesome people in general.

5. kikito

kikito Member

They got me with the general idea: "Simplified Dwarf Fortress with an interface from this century, and steampunk workers instead of Dwarves". I'll buy it as soon as it gets out (I have a graphics card to replace first, mine just burnt out :/)

I'm also incredibly interested in the modding capabilities. If the game turns out the way I think it will, there's potential for lots of crazy-stupid-awesome stuff: A clothing bomb that dresses everyone around it with the configured clothing instantaneously. A portal to a dimension filled entirely with custard, which can be used as a food source or as a trap. An disease that makes people not see anything pink, so you can poison their water supply, and then invade with an army of pink soldiers!.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

I love dwarf fortress, I love steam punk, and I love bizarre lovecraftian malfeasance, what can I do but lust for this?

7. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

Like many, I am of the "I should love Dwarf Fortress but I can't" group. I've been itching for a good colony simulator for a long time now, and putting it in a Steampunk with Lovecraftian sci-fi horror really just spoke to me. I don't know how to explain it, but the very first time I saw the PCgamer article, the whole setting and idea instantly clicked. I can't wait to play this game and write hilarious writeups about how my colonies have gone utterly Mad

8. Imperial dane

Imperial dane Member

Steampunk+Lovecraft and who knows what else ? I suppose it's the thought of a game about building up a town yet also constantly managing a growing influx of disasters in all manners of nasty ways. Possibly involving turning it all into a police state with heavily armed constables on every corner and a Steampowered response unit. Plus the thought of zulu-esque soldiers marching about the whole place as well.

Kamisma and Kazeto like this.