So the Necromancy perk...

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Lordxorn, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Lordxorn

Lordxorn Member

I would like to know if anyone has successfully used this one and it's accompanying spell that basically kills you with your target, which makes handling more than 1 monster impossible?

I was thinking maybe Vampirism, and Blood Mage? Are these enough to offset the curse you get for casting the Death spell?

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Take different picks to get you past L. 1, Necronomiconomics, Blood Magic, and Magic Training. Necronomiconomics is all about the spells *after* Deathly Hex, which is... admittedly, kinda rubbish.

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I disagree!
    You just need to stack Necronomiconomics with necromantic resist bonus items/spells. For example the first level Astrology spell Radiant Aura gives 1 necromantic resist (if I recall correctly) and this will halve the self-damage from casting Deathly Hex. The Necro spell Mark of Chthon is even better and fully nullifies the necromantic damage from Deathly Hex - then what you've got is a really cheap and effective direct-damage spell.

4. Codpanzee

Codpanzee Member

I fully agree with David.
    I was lucky enough to find a +2 necro resist ring on the first shop! Just wearing that and using the Radiant Aura enabled me to spam endless Death Hex like crazy. Costs all of 2 mana, absolutely awesome spell.
    I used the mustache golem to get me started though, that is very powerful on the first level.

And now the game crashes on loading that savegame. I submitted it to Gaslamp games for inspection, I had so much fun with that game...

5. Lordxorn

Lordxorn Member

Thanks guys, exactly the kind of tips I was looking for.