So the game crashes when I died

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by FurryDragon, Sep 28, 2012.

1. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

Yes I already made this but I don't think it's because of my PC(Windows 7).
    I tried every single darn thing. Reinstalling, rebooting, deleting, etc etc. It still crashes when I die.
    I really hate playing games that keep doing that. What do I do!?

Attached Files:

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Check your game folder (steamapps/common/dungeons of dredmor/) and see if it created a .dmp file with the appropriate timestamp. If so please upload it.

3. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

I can't find any DMP files....

4. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

They are called like 2012-09-29_18-09-16.dmp

YYYY-MM-DD_hh-mm-ss.dmp

5. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

Nope, can't find it

6. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

2 options;

1. You never played the game
    2. You're looking in the wrong folder

7. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

Okay I had to reinstall and play it to find the file, still can't find it

8. Daynab

Or it just didn't create, it happens.

Sorry FurryDragon, can you check if dying again crashes you everytime? if so, then save before you die and upload the save.

9. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

Where do I find the save?

10. Daynab

documents/gaslamp games/dungeons of dredmor/

11. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

Okay, what now?
    (no I don't know why the folder isn't named gaslamp games I found it like that)

Attached Files:

12. Daynab

...what? nothing is at it should be, those files shouldn't be there, and even if you had somehow installed it there it's missing all the folders required for the game, and all the save folders aren't there either.

Reinstall. That might fix your crashes too.

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That's not the folder you are looking for, really. Try making the folder Daynab mentioned yourself, and giving the system appropriate permissions - both Vista and Win7 sometimes have suicidal hiccups with permissions (like not allowing the game to create the save game and score folder, and thus making it crash when your character dies; yes, really, that is likely the issue there), thought I don't know why would that happen.

I don't think reinstalling the system just to fix a problem with one game is the right solution here. But, if everything else fails...

14. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

okay I'm reinstalling(for like the 67th time in a row) and I'll tell you what ha[[ens

15. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

so I reinstalled an I still get nothing and I don't know if there is one but I still can't find a save folder, I even saved before I died when I tested it!

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Then, as I said, create the folder yourself.

The folder has to be there, not in the "it's impossible for the game to had not created it", but rather in the "if it's not there things will go FUBAR" way.

17. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

still happening and nothing's in the save folder I made.
    Game, I will stop sinning if you can work with me ;n;

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Have you given the system (and anything else) full permission to the folder? And anything that could possibly be in it?

19. FurryDragon

FurryDragon Member

How do I do that!?

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Context menu -> properties.
    Then, go to the "security" (or however it is called, depending on your operating system's language) tab, and then hit the "advanced settings" button (not tab, the button that is somewhere near the bottom).
    There, for every user change the settings so that everything would be permitted and nothing forbidden, and apply the settings for all sub-folders and files in that folder.