So, reclaim will be a thing right?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by mailersmate, May 17, 2015.

1. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

[atten: All colonial Bureaucrats, Junior Grade - Contact your senior supervisor regarding redacted materials. This document may not be distributed.]
    [Colonial Ministry: Colony site 32544534445 Official Transcript]

Day 1

So the ministry sent us to this forsaken jungle on this savage shore, for the glory of her majesties government. Just the severn of us and whatever the twice forsaken airship crew felt like throwing overboard as they departed.

I knew we had a powerful need to get planting from my days on the frontier in the comparatively quieter eastern colonies, so I've had all our upstanding citizens put their worthless labourers to work starting to planting maize to survive after the first harvest. I also drew up plans for a rudimentary kitchen and distillery so that A. we can live here and B. We can forget about living here.

I've also set up a few forestry and stone gathering tasks to aid us in building shelter once our entirely inadequate
    supplies run out. Our monarch of course (may she live forever) sent us with a generous supply, but the corruption in the air service is pandemic. So far no one seems much inclined to approach the wet and mouldy jungle to execute my orders. Can't blame them, as much as base camp smells like an armpit, the jungle interior is a stinking swamp.

Day 1, additional entry
    Terrible news! Before the sun has set once on our colony, our assigned nco has been attacked and killed by some monstrous [redacted]. I immediately ordered the thing shot down, but our remaining redcoats are in disarray in the darkness without leadership. No one seems to know where our rifles landed earlier today.

(Redactors note: an updated entry, spattered in wax, in a shaky hand)
    No ones seen any of the few soldiers we have since they were sent out. The last report from the south end of our clearing was that the [redacted] was there, although some of the colonists think its still to the north of us. I've given orders that the cursed thing(s) be shot on sight. 2 Of our overseers are missing in the darkness. We wait for the day in our open air camp. To keep my mind occupied, I've spent the night drawing plans for woodwork and brick workshops. I'm a classically trained planner, I don't know how else to cope. We await the day.

Day 2, Morning
    By the day's blessed light, we've counted three dead and another missing, all overseers. I've ordered a temporary graveyard opened in the mud to return our dead to the great order above. We've confirmed that at least two of the [redacted] are in jungle immediately around our clearing. The things seem to prey on our best minds, I am deeply concerned for my personal safety.

(Redactors note: undated but clearly the same day. Whether the group described were official is unknown)
    Good news! A ragged group of men and women has emerged from the jungle claiming that the ministry sent them to us in response to our death rate. I know no report has been made, and even if it had, no action could be taken that quickly. Regardless, I'm not so insecure as to throw away the lives of people clearly so desperate to be believed. This has doubled our population and I've given orders that the [redacted] are to be hunted mercilessly.

Day 2, 1st bell after noon
    I'm furious, livid. Our overseers have apparently met behind my back and decided to not hunt the [redacted] because in this bloody swamp that is our dumping location I forgot to tick boxes giving permissions to ignore the normal rules concerning the improperness of hunting by the middle and lower classes. They are clearly to a man cowards and if I had time or resources or indeed, any soldiers, I would give them all the fate of cultists.I signed the paperwork and threw it at them before joining the search for our military supplies.

(Redactors note: unknown date, original copy is barely legible)
    One of the overseers was attacked north of the colony. Before we could react another two more [redacted]s entered the clearing from the south and east. We've clearly underestimated their intelligence. In the chaos that followed most of us fled into the terrible jungle that surrounds us. Only six of us have returned so far, we think they are eating the others. We must survive long enough to escape on the next airship, ministry instructions or not. We cannot leave, no one knows where the coast is.There's no sign of our military supplies. I have everyone searching for them, they must be here.

--------found--------------4 of us-------------with the supply bricks---fell first south of us--------and-----into the jungle-------the ministry

Attached Files:

Unforked likes this.