Windows XP So, is my character stuck forever?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Porrima, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Porrima

Porrima Member

Firstly let's get the pleasantries out of the way. I have liked roguelikes for a long time, and have played ADOM and some others a lot. DoD is a great game for me, it clicks well and I enjoy the humor and the style.

Now then.. I only play hardcore characters due to this being a roguelike. Please observe the screenshot I added.
    (Sorry for shack, CTRL-G did nothing for me..)

[​IMG]

I am stuck in this room. In the corridor above I for the first time bought a root of T'char... and ate it. This probably might not be smart, but you know how it is in these games, you try something out.. well, eldritch things started happening, including the character pooping flaming runes, and random teleporting. Which teleported me to this chamber I am currently in. I have no means of teleporting out. Of course, I understand in roguelikes YASD's happen. However, I'd like to know if I can get out by some means still, since this seemed a very good character that could go far. I haven't played much yet, and my best char reached level 6 until he died. (dwarvish diff).

I have poked all walls and clicked on them. If this is indeed a death-trap and I must delete my char, I do question a bit, even if this is a roguelike, for it being possible to end up in this sort of situations. It's not fun - when you drink a potion that kills you, that's a different matter. Now I'm just stuck.

I'm using Interior Dredmorating and More Dred in case it's because of those for some reason.

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If you have any area of effect attacks (either bombs or anything from skills), use them on the northern wall. Or rather, use them on a tile near the wall, in such a way that the wall itself would also get hit.

3. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I think your rocket arm will do it for you, just target the wall. Not 100% sure it will. If that doesn't work, try summoning your blobby and throwing a puffball at it. Doubt that will work, but it might.

Finally, if you don't mind something very similar to cheating, you can activate debug mode just long enough to go up one floor and work your way back down.

4. Porrima

Porrima Member

Unfortunately, I don't think I can target the walls. Right-clicking them does nothing. I can target a square next to a wall, but it does nothing to the walls. Nor does summoning a slime and shooting it. More unfortunately, I don't believe I currently have bombs or such. Plenty of mushrooms. Except pfufballs.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Load the game with the "-debug-flag" parameter using a shortcut or steam launch options. Press "P" to go up a floor, press "p" to go down to the same floor.

6. Porrima

Porrima Member

I did this, via steam launch ops. I can go down floors just fine. However, trying to go up floors from this floor to the one upwards, which would be most useful, gives that standard XP error popup and CTD's. Ergo, I went down and back up. Thank you for help.

OmniNegro likes this.