So about that new crafting dimension - Anyone Alpha Players on?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Wootah, Jun 20, 2012.

1. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Well, the blockers in the room are sorta mismatched, so I am guessing it has something to do with them, which is plenty fine by me, can't we mod in more blockers?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Items don't stay through games, but blockers that you find however will.

3. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

OMG! MUST FILL WITH BLOCKERS! :D That is sooooo exciting!

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Sadly no.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Here's a new little teaser for everyone:

That's right -- Conquest of the Wizardlands has skills you have to spend money on. :)

OmniNegro and TheJadedMieu like this.
  6. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Nice, a good use for all those useless Zorkmids you build up towards the end of the game.

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, now we'll have a reason to fish for crownstar annendums in all those fountains.

8. Michael88

Michael88 Member

I'd assume that's in Bankster skill tree =3

Can anyone spoil the Communist though, I wonder what's all that about? >__<

9. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well it seems to mostly be a utility and buffing tree so far. It does have healthcare.

10. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Wow...and just the other day I was brainstorming for my new mod and was like "MAN! I wish there was a way to charge money to cast this spell!"

11. Warlock

Warlock Member

"useless" zorkmids?
    Maybe for us players, but for the character who beat Dredmor, they'll certainly have some value as a retirement fund.
    OK, maybe that isn't even relevant to the matter at hand. That said I'm excited for Bankster since it offers new options in the way of spending money on your skills.

12. Wootah

Wootah Member

So more questions for you people in the Alpha

1.) When crafting Can you see the tooltip for the craftable item?
    2.) Do buffs Get stack numbers yet?

13. Glazed

Glazed Member

1. Yes! We have tooltips in the crafting window now.
    2. Yes, buffs have stack numbers now when you mouse over them, and a graphical representation, too, for a quick glance. It actually looks like stacked cards. Fun story: I had 1007 stacks of a spell one time. The graphical stacks went clear across the screen.
    [​IMG]

My character is not an honest person.

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Hmm...

The way buff stacking will be displayed appears to be pretty fraudly. I mean, friendly...

DavidB1111 likes this.
  15. Wootah

Wootah Member

Oh man that is sick! You make me so happy Glazed. I can't wait!
    Does the white lines represent each stack then? Since some stacks have caps is there a different graphical representation of the current vs the Max?

16. Glazed

Glazed Member

Yes, each line is a stack beyond the first one. So, 10 stacks shows as the main icon plus 9 lines. As far as I know there's no indication of the max stack size.

Here's an example of 10 stacks:

snap004968.png

And here's evidence of the crafting tooltip:

snap004969.png

17. Wootah

Wootah Member

I took your word for it, but the pictures are greatly appreciated nonetheless.
    I wonder if they will do something about overly stacked debuffs.

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Most buffs/debuffs have limits, so you can only have a few copies of each. And of those without limits, more have some sort of duration, so it's really difficult to amass them. Unless the one he showed is a weird exception, you have to be actively trying to break it like that and be lucky, otherwise it's impossible to get a stack that numerable.

19. Glazed

Glazed Member

I'm not sure what you mean. Most buffs or debuffs don't stack very high in normal play. If you do manage to get 20 stacks of something it still won't even go past the second column of buffs.

I intentionally cast Insurance Fraud 1007 times as a test. (I used a mouse-click macro, so it was really only about 100 clicks of a keyboard button for me.)

20. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

So, how does the item tooltip in crafting handle artifacts that can get random stuff on them, like the Emerald Amulet, and uh, whatever else can spawn as a random artifact.