Slashing Resistance doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by J-Factor, Aug 3, 2011.

1. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Just bought an amulet with 3 slashing resistance for 12k (all my zorkmids on level 2).

Doesn't seem to be having any effect. Has anyone else experienced working slashing resistance and are other resistances bugged?

(My +1 blasting damage sandals don't seem to be working either but that's not as big an issue)

EDIT: Nevermind the blasting bit. I'm guessing it's being absorbed by their armor, which makes my sandals rather useless without other blasting damage buffs.

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Odd. What do you mean? Do you still take slashing damage? It should reduce it by your armor Absorption, and then reduce it by 3 again. Some monsters should be able to hit you. Especially if you don't have that much armor to begin with. Try fighting swarmies and the eelys on floor 3 when you get down there. They'll do slashing damage.

3. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I mean all slashing damage I take does not get reduced. Diggles that deal 2 slashing, 2 piercing without the amulet on still deal 2 slashing with it on. The same applies to Deths, Battys and AIs.

Either Slashing resistance doesn't work OR the amulet itself is bugged.

4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Probably the amulet. Because I know my armor absorption works against Diggles.
    And the few times I had slashing resistance, it seemed to work.

5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

This is a few years late but I can confirm that slashing resistance (and seemingly only slashing resistance) is definitely still bugged (see screenshots)

bitmap_1.jpg bitmap_2.jpg