Skyrim

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Vykk Draygo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've been playing Skyrim as well and I love it. Even though I preordered it I was only able to start playing recently (was without an internet-connected PC for a long while due to one thing after another (First we had a week without power, then we had slow-as-molasses contractors come in to tear out and replace the floor in my room, had to wait on furniture, etc.).

I agree with most of what people have been saying, though I haven't gotten all that far. First tried a pure mage/High Elf up till level 11 or so, and got tired of dying doing a mages guild quest about 3/4 through a big dungeon. When I checked on the forums, I found out that everyone thought the quests were 'too easy' -- which was really disheartening until I found out that they were all a minimum of 3 times my level when they started it.

I switched to an Argonian warrior/rogue hybrid (heavy armor, dual-wield, archer with stealth and lockpicking) and am having a much easier time (level 16 so far).

In any case, I look forward to the creation kit -- I made several small mods for both Oblivion and Fallout 3, and am thinking about doing some modding for Skyrim as well.

2. Just tried it... I liked the world/story, but found the characters difficult to sympathize with and the UI... ugh ugh ugh. I might play it more after investigating the modding scene but until then... I'll just leave this here.
    [​IMG]
    (I'll put it behind a spoiler tag as soon as the option exists, sorry)

Wi§p likes this.
  3. blob

blob Member

4. Godwin

Godwin Member

I don't really mind the UI, it can be annoying sometimes, but for some reason it doesn't disturb me in the slightest although the points raised are valid.

5. blob

blob Member

I know someone else who s not annoyed. Dont know how you guys do it ! It drives me insane to scroll through my 200 potions in litteraly a whole, freaking long minute.
    This modded UI has a scrollbar -something that was invented more than 20 years ago- and allows you to scroll all the way down in one click. Genius.

Rarefied Horse Meat likes this.
  6. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

I have to agree with Rarefied Horse Meat's picture entirely, Morrowind is simply a better game, and while Skyrim does combat and graphics better.. there are still alot of things that could be better, my biggest issue with it is a huge lack of freedom, which did not exist in Morrowind. In Morrowind, you can find a master unlock scroll, get Azura's star (with some difficulty to complete the quest though), go into Vivecs palace, and soul trap him at level 1 (with some ingenuity to kill him ^^), without even doing the main quest at all.. how is that not brilliant?

7. Godwin

Godwin Member

Yeah Morrowind ruled, spell creation, the atmosphere, the differences between playing a nord and a dunmer, the background story. For some reason it felt a lot more epic.
    Still enjoying Skyrim immensely.

8. blob

blob Member

My fav is Oblivion for some reasons ( probably because i modded it just the way i liked it ).
    There was big differences in between being a Nord or a Dunmer in Morrowind ? Only played an argonian.

9. Godwin

Godwin Member

Argonians were slaves there, must have been really different too.

10. blob

blob Member

Dont think I felt like my character had specific dialogues because of his race. Maybe he had...
    Gotta re-try morrowind with the overhaul mod one day. :/

11. I haven't played MW in ages... might be worth looking into heavily modding it this spring.

I've been a fan of the series since Arena and was lucky enough to be a Beta Tester for Morrowind and expansions. Wish I could have been a tester for Oblivion and Skyrim.

DoD and Skyrim are the only two games that have spent any significant time on since November.

Btw, does anyone have a nice screenshot of a heavily (upgraded) modded Morrowind? I'm going to hit the MW SS forum thread while I"m thinking about it. ;)

Uh... Steam tells me Last Played on 1/8/12. :oops: