[Skills] Dragon Aspirants

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Jan 23, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

THIS MOD IS DEPRECATED AND HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE FAXPAX, FOUND HERE:
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/faxpax-a-thing-what-fax-made.2397/

Dragon Aspirants

This mod adds seven skills to the game, each a different element-centered dragon aspirant skill.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Each skill shares some common elements, with some variations therein:​
    [​IMG]
    Basic Breath Weapon
    Each skill starts with access to a basic, short range breath weapon.​
    [​IMG]
    Improved Breath Weapon
    Similar to the previous skill, but with an added status effect.​
    [​IMG]
    Dragon Scales
    A passive resistance buff, with some additional buffer effects based upon your skill selection.​
    [​IMG]
    Advanced Breath Weapon
    Another breath weapon, with better damage and a stronger rider effect.​
    [​IMG]
    Elemental Barrier
    Surround yourself with elemental energies.​
    [​IMG]
    Capstone
    Each skill ends with a large-area strong damage and status effect.​
    All dragon aspirant skills are on cooldown, rather than costing mana. This mod uses skill IDs 50 through 56.

Thanks to Loren for doing all the art for this: my own artistic skills are very lacking.

2. FaxCelestis

3. Sibilantjoe

Sibilantjoe Member

Are seven skills really necessary?

4. FaxCelestis

Yes. Seven, specifically, so you can take all seven as your whole skill set. The cooldowns are also designed to allow you to use a breath weapon every turn if you have all seven skills.

5. Loren

Loren Member

Also, this way you can pick up a different element than whatever else you may be running with. Having access to all 7 capstone skills with one skill would be a bit too OP.

6. Gargroyal

Gargroyal Member

I like this mod, found a bug when I used all seven skills, when I equipped the copper ring in my inventory onto my character, the ring was still there in the inventory as well as in the character sheet. Found a shop and sold the extra copper ring, which left another, and then another, etc. it went away when i bought enough items to reach where it was in the inventory.

7. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Something with this bugged out. With all seven and two levels in it I have 30 warrior levels.

There's also multiple copies in the skill list. I'm getting multiples like 14 intial warrior levels but then +6 from leveling one.

8. What archetype are the skills?

9. Null

Warrior I assume.

10. Never mind, tried it out to test it out, they're all warrior. Nice. I'll go examine the formulas.

11. FaxCelestis

...That's bizarre. I have no idea why it would be doing that. My skillDB.xml looks exactly like the game's. Which one did you level?

Warrior.

12. Loren

Loren Member

What I've found from testing is that the necro tree is the bugged one. The seven "ghost" skills that show up are all considered to be the necro tree. For whatever reason, when you take the real necro tree and level up in it, you get a level in each of the "ghost" trees as well, so each level in necro buffs burliness by 16 which is 2*(1+7) etc. All of the others appear to level correctly.

13. Null

I believe for pious exaltation you want displace not targetblink. As it is right now the player blinks, not the targets.

14. Loren

Loren Member

Found the cause of the weird warrior levels bug. Have notified FaxCelestis.

15. FaxCelestis

FAX'D

New version (1.1) attached.

Attached Files:

Razarus and Essence like this.
  16. Yeah, It's working great now, and my concerns about it being overpowered are eased now that I don't have a bunch of fake levels.

Anyway, that infinite copper ring thing, for those of you who want to get rid of it, you can do so by skolling it.

17. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

As a recommendation, you may want to update the second post with the latest version for those people that don't tend to scroll down and read the entire thread.

Rarefied Horse Meat likes this.
  18. Razarus

Razarus Member

I have an infinite ring AND blank first slot :( i noticed that this is a recurring problem in modding.

19. FaxCelestis

I have no idea what's causing that, honestly.

20. Takin

Takin Member

It does feel overpowered a good bit to me. I took all seven of your skills, started leveling everything to the first stat boost skill and equipped two shields. Nothing gets me below 60 hp really.. on GR. I'm not very far though and I'll report back once I die/win :). I feel like I could just kick everything to death and eat occasionally etc and take on monster zoos. Very fun, however. Thanks for making it! Probably should have said that first, heh.