[Skill] Summoner

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, May 20, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Boss/Monster sprites from a combination of FFIV, FFVI, and BoF.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Wub-wub? Seriously?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. FaxCelestis

Seriously! :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think "Fax Celestis XVI, Chosen of Krong" is from this forum.

OmniaNigrum and mining like this.
  5. FaxCelestis

1.4 uploaded.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. FaxCelestis

1.5 up.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

Hmm ... v1.5 Berylinthranox's Blessing is still tagging me with the poison whenever I land a hit. "Still" meaning "this is kinda weird since I've only ever used v1.5 and that was supposed to be fixed." :confused:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. FaxCelestis

I can't figure out why it's doing that: it's using a hollow template to hit targets around you.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

Yeah, I see what you're saying ... maybe the burst and/or toxin need affectsCaster="0" and/or targetIsCaster="0", to be sure?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Okay, so. I tried using this skill tree.

But the Blobby is ridiculously weak (like, it is literally the same as the other Blobbies on floor one) and the second spell in the tree is a total crapshoot. I couldn't figure out how to make it change my stance to summon something other than a Blobby (casting on myself or on empty tiles didn't work, and the description states that casting on monsters definitely doesn't do it) and the one time I tried casting it on a summoned Blobby (which was summoned onto the tile I was using instead of being adjacent, because I don't even know) I spontaneously combusted for no apparent reason.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. FaxCelestis

Successfully casting the spell at all changes your mode. Doesn't matter if you debuff an enemy or buff a summon.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Or even debuff yourself. Yep. I did that more than once. :)

13. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Ah. That's actually quite a useful attribute. Noted, I will try again once my random skills playthrough is done.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Well, I used the mustache up until floor 5, but the summon one level above that didn't last much longer at all. More updates as the situation progresses; right now I need to focus on maxing necronomiconomics so that I can actually do damage with my spells again. (Necrolyzing aspirant is broken in all the best ways, by the way.) Also, the buff/debuff/mode spell seems to put a debuff on anything on the same tile as anything other than a summon, and a buff on anything on the same tile as a summon. Combined with the fact that this skills summons have really weird collision (you summon them, they share your tile, and they tend to share enemy monster tiles as well) and you get the summon and sometimes other monsters carrying both the buff and debuff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. FaxCelestis

Most of those are things I can't fix, unfortunately.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Tirien66

Tirien66 Member

Every sprite up there is from a FF game, actually. Just different names that fit with Dredmor better.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

Very interesting. I will try it out.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Did you ever manage to find out how to fix the Berylinthranox's Blessing bug? Seems like I only get him on lvl 2 for most of my runs...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Question: are the Gods this mod gives to you too strong, compared to diggle gods, aren't they?
    I've found one that gives you invisibility on being hit!

OmniaNigrum likes this.