[Skill] Dance Fighting

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by tejón, May 5, 2012.

1. tejón

tejón Member

This tweet exchange made me chuckle. Then it wouldn't leave my head. Rattling around, it inevitably jostled into Michael Jackson. Together, they dislodged dusty recollections of this arcade masterpiece. And I just had to jump on it before anyone else stole the theme.

Dance Fighting (rogue)
    "Dance fighting is, first and foremost, the art of ignoring what everyone else thinks about dance fighting."

Starting gear: One Sparkling Glove.

1: Blood on the Dancefloor
    "You make melee look GOOD. The competition simply dies of envy."
    +1:resist_existential:
    +1:stubborness:
    Melee attacks cause Dance Envy, dealing :dmg_existential: = (0.135 x :nimbleness:)

2: Moonwalk
    "How do you DO that?!"
    +1:stubborness:

Spell, cooldown 4:
    Teleport two squares in a cardinal direction.

3: The Force Don't Stop
    "Because the force has got a lot of power."
    +2:stubborness:

Spell, cooldown 6:
    Deals :dmg_righteous: = (4 + 0.1 x :stubborness:) in three consecutive squares. If a monster is in the first square, performs a melee attack.

4: Turn Into a Robot
    "They thought the chimpanzee was a mere frivolity. Suckers."
    +3:stubborness:

Spell, cooldown 90, brittle 5:
    +1:resist_piercing: +5:resist_existential: +20:stubborness: +3:armor_asorb: and melee attacks cause The Force Don't Stop. This is a polymorph effect: all passive skill benefits are lost and you can't use other spells. Rock With You (below) is an exception, and can be used in robot form.

5: Rock With You
    "Diggle, close your eyes. Let that rhythm get into you. Don't try to fight it. There ain't nothing that you can do."
    +5:stubborness:

Spell, -2:mana::
    • Teleport to target location.
    • Within 5 squares, inflicts :dmg_existential: = (0.368 x :nimbleness:) plus :dmg_aethereal::dmg_aphyxiative: each = (0.2 x :magic_power:) and charms for 2 turns.
    • Dance Magic curse on the caster: +5:magic_power:, upkeep 1/1 (can't be cancelled), stacks.
    • Burn This Disco Out curse on the caster: +5:haywire:, upkeep 1/1 (can't be cancelled), stacks.
    • 14% chance of Pyrotechnic Mishap: caster suffers 8:dmg_blast: plus :dmg_conflagratory: = (0.4 x :haywire:), is silenced for one turn, and on the following turn all stacks of Dance Magic and Burn This Disco Out are removed.

Version 1.0

Attached Files:

Daynab, mining and Essence like this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

So all over this.

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The only thing I like here is the chance of a pyrotechnic mishap... I hate dancing. But that is irrelevant. Do you use bad flags so the two curses can be removed via a skill like level five vegan, or will this absolutely kill off your mana before it goes away?

4. tejón

tejón Member

(paraphrased)

Anyway yes, those are curses. That's why they're described as curses. ;)

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I do hate puppies, I also hate the rainforest. And yet again I hate fun too. And I hate haters, including myself. Hate for the sake of hating you hateful haters. Hate hate hate! :)

6. Teyar

Teyar Member

Just got this up and running, testing it out, and it feels...Rather interesting. Giving you a reason to stack more and more Nimbleness is always good, and an extra damage every 8~ points is sure nice. The Moonwalk is deliciously nice teleportation, the robot form pretty much speaks for itself, and is the perfect thing to use after the capstone drains your mana out.

Also, The Force appears to only work when ajacent to an enemy - is it only applying the melee swing and then the Force effect to the next two blocks, or is it stacking both and then applying Force behind it?

I love the capstone, though, flitting about a room and bursting everyone's eyes is niiiiice.

7. tejón

tejón Member

The Force works on any adjacent floor square. It triggers a melee attack on that square and, separately, righteous damage to three in a line. There doesn't have to be an enemy in the target square for the burst to trigger, but what you may have noticed is that it can't be used directly against a wall. So far the other options I've tried have either just not worked right, or applied a melee attack to all three affected squares, which seemed entirely too good especially with the robot. Basically the only thing that doesn't work right now is blowing out secret walls when you can't get exactly two or three squares away from them, which is extremely rare since even if there's a cluster of blockers Moonwalk will usually get you on top of one. And in any case, the capstone clears walls like crazy so there's not any utility lost from the skill as a whole.