[Skill] Barrier Maiden

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Kaidelong, Mar 20, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am using the Steam distributed 1.0.11 "Complete DoD Pack" with RotDG and YHTNTEP. And 1.6.2 of the mod.

I cast it a bunch. And I keep casting it until my :block: stops changing. Each time except in my example above, I would cast it after casting a Major Ward. And cast it after casting Major Ward after Hulu Ward.

Is it not supposed to stack anymore?
    Code:
    <spell name="Your Basic Ward" type="self" icon="skills/basicward32.png" wand="0">
        <requirements mp="12" savvyBonus="0.28" mincost="5" />
        <anim sfx="radiant" centerEffect="1" framerate="60" frames="10" sprite="sprites/sfx/summonA/summonA"/>
        <buff useTimer="0" removable="1" manaUpkeep="7" allowstacking="1" stacksize="5" icon="skills/basicward64.png" smallicon="skills/basicward32.png">
            <halo name="sprites/sfx/basicward_orbit/basicward_orbit" first="0" num="40" frameRate="100" />
            <secondarybuff id="7"  amount="4"/> <!-- block -->
            <resistbuff crushing="2" blasting="2" slashing="2" voltaic="2" piercing="2" />
            <blockBuff percentage="8" name="Lost a Basic Ward" />
        </buff>
        <description text="A cute little force field is hovering around nearby, doing its best to get between you and any monsters. It's good at taking hits, but it can't do it forever, so do keep an eye on it so you can revive it later."/>
        <ai hint="ally"/>
    </spell>

2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

2.6.4 is out now by the way. This is strange. When I cast Major Ward for a detonation, it correctly stops the trigger for promoting another basic ward from activating :confused:;

Oh derp. I forgot to actually attach the new mod. Well, NOW it is out for the forum version. Since you are using steam though you may as well just get it from steam workshop.

OmniNegro likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I use the Steam version, but I do not use Steam itself. I actually have all the Steam/Valve IP addresses blocked. I have to make manual exceptions to connect to them. So I download here.

I will give 2.6.4 a try and report back. Thanks! :)

4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I am now able to replicate the issue. I'll work on getting it fixed.

OmniNegro likes this.
  5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

At this point I'm throwing in the towel and saying "it's not a bug, it's a feature". The next release will document this behavior and I'm removing the code intended to prevent it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Update pushed to forums.

PS: If anyone notices saves being broken, tell me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Another update to ensure backward compatibility. Just in case.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. LeMagos

LeMagos Member

Oki, I know I am dumb, but...where can I get a link to the last version ??? (Really... I could not find it...)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Herp. It's attached now. Sorry about that. Look at the front post.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. LeMagos

LeMagos Member

Grazie mille !!!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. sadron

sadron Member

Why isn't the skill art more like the skill's cover art? I liked that style.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I assume you mean on the workshop? That's cause... it was drawn by a professional artist :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. sadron

sadron Member

Oh :eek: I think that artist should help with the skill icons for this cool mod :D

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Maybe the Bamboo Speak should be a polearm? Just thinking out loud.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

It is. Did I forget to update here on the forums?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Either that or I haven't gotten the last update. That's a strong potential too.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Sadly the computer on which I made barrier maiden (and thus all the other non-clouded mod work I did) is kaput, and I have yet to rescue the hard drive. Barrier maiden is now on the steam workshop so at some point I'll get around to reposting it here. Just don't terribly feel up to figuring out its steam workshop id thing right this second to uncompress it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I will grab it and post it here. Justasec...

Essence likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Steam is being bitchy... I am trying all the usual stuff to trick it into actually bothering to work, but it is uninclined to do so. This may take several minutes to manage...

20. Frelus

Frelus Member

Here, dunno if it is the current version since I didn't play DoD for a while.
    Omni just msg'd me while I was playing Dota 2 to post this here.
    So, here ya go!
    Edit: Checking for new version in workshop
    Edit2: Didn't seem like there was anything new downloaded.
    When was the last update?
    Wait.... the version I have is 2.6.8
    The same version is up in the OP.
    What was this about?

Attached Files:

Kazeto, OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.