[Skill] Atheist Monk

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by dehodson, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Hmm that could work as the first skill yeah, and nerf the last a bit but keep the concept maybe.

2. dehodson

dehodson Member

I updated it a bit, I nerfed Nonbeliever and Athe-est to be a little less gamebreaking with Necronomiconomics (hopefully) and made it so Sagan Power is the final skill instead of Athe-est. I also lengthened the cooldown on Sagan Power.

3. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

According to the latest patch, mod stat boosts work as intended now.

4. dehodson

dehodson Member

Ach, so they do. Updated again to fix this.

5. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

You can double-check; if it doesn't work, just revert.

6. A few suggestions:

*I'd recommend changing the first skill to "Common sense", which would provide a passive +2 trap sight bonus, since that is SORELY needed for mages. Traps constitute 90% of my mages' deaths.

*Disprove existence doesn't scale in terms of magic cost or damage, this should be changed.

*Minor thing, but maybe change the atheist clergymen robe's description to say "O Father, behold these cats"? (bonus points if you get the reference)

7. dehodson

dehodson Member

I'll consider adding a skill like that, but I dunno if I'd call it "Common Sense", it needs to be funnier.

Also, Disprove Existence does scale with magic ability. (0.5 * magic power)

Unfortunately I don't get your reference. :C

8. Ah, well the cost doesn't scale with savvy by the looks of things.

As for the reference, it's the saying that organizing atheists is like trying to herd cats. So instead of sheep, it would be cats.

9. mcgrue

mcgrue Member Staff Member

"Four Horsemen" - Summon the four horsemen of New Atheism to crush the fearmongering diggles.

(Worth it to see someone get hitchslaped.)

10. rysworld

rysworld Member

It seems that something in this mod conflicts with Interior Dredmorating, because when I run the two together and attempt to start a new game, this skill doesn't show up in the selection screen.

I know near nothing about modding, but I'd imagine that this is caused by some sort of file that both mods are using, is there any way that I could fix this?

11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

if you're on a Mac, that's the problem. You'll just have to wait for the next patch; mod support on Macs is broken right now.

12. rysworld

rysworld Member

Yes, I am, in fact.

Oh well...

13. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can combine the files from both mods into one big mod and use that. It should work fine then, but you'll need to know what you're doing.

14. Hey, do you think you could make "his noodly appendages" and "Sagan Power" have MP costs rather than cooldown? And also, can you make the MP cost of "disprove existence" scale downward with savvy? The cost is alarmingly high for a dedicated wizard compared to the other spells I have.

15. Razarus

Razarus Member

Atheist Monk + Inquisitor = Christian that suddenly understood Logic = Dividing by Zero ;P
    ps: Nazis riding Dinosaurs

16. Mochan

Mochan Member

My suggestion here would be to add a penalty to Magic Power as a balance, since you're an atheist you should have a stiff magic penalty.