Should I ressurect Deadshot?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Uhm, I was thinking... I like the name "soulshot", but since it should be a warrior skill, and since all the other shots are aimed to actual pieces of enemies, why don't rename this "heartshot"?
    It's like a bodyshot, but in the middle of heart. And you can use the heart as a material place for the soul, since all that stuff that is said about hearts, love and blablabla.
    Ps: I don't think Doctor Bad Idea has bad ideas, anyway. Very cool descriptions.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  2. mining

mining Member

I'd go with Livershot - Wizard's most important organ.

3. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

IIRC, it was also the seat of the soul for the Mongols.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Livershot
    Anyone who says that being shot in the liver is a ridiculous, non-debilitating injury has clearly never been shot in the liver. That's where the booze lives! And everyone knows that the source of all mystical energies, defensive and offensive, is drinking to excess.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  5. codebracker

codebracker Member

How about it triggering a spell that just shouts at that cell? would that work?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yes but you can't figure out what cell it is.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Vitellozzo: So it's totally kewl to have flavor text where a warrior is so badass he can arm-shot something with no arms (or legs or internal organs), but it's not kewl to have flavor text where a warrior is so badass he can hit someone in the soul? :p

8. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Oh lol, I tend to forget that there are gelatinous cubes and sticky demons and bats. I deserve the :p.
    It was just to stick with the ability to aim at something, but actually even the soul is "something".
    So I think the finalists are soulshot and livershot, then. And then, I think soulshot is more badass than livershot (though Doc Bad Idea's livershot flavor text is kewler).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I think that the flavor text is so amazing it invited your question for a paid dinner here.
    I was trying to figure which skill flavor text was the most hilarous, but I cannot chose anyone, or simply I love every single one.
    It's going to be an amazing skill tree, very good job.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Essence

Damn, this is code-intensive.

The first level's spellDB:

Code:
    <spell name="Shot In The Leg" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/legshot64.png" smallicon="skills/legshot32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="6" amount="-5"/>
    <secondarybuff id="12" amount="-20"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Arm" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/armshot64.png" smallicon="skills/armshot32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="-5"/>
    <secondarybuff id="2" amount="-3"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Head" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/headshot64.png" smallicon="skills/headshot32.png">
    <primarybuff id="3" amount="-6"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Eye" type="target">
    <effect type="damage" piercing="3" piercingF=".34" secondaryScale="9"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Soul" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="2" icon="skills/soulshot64.png" smallicon="skills/soulshot32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="11" amount="-50"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Legshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Soulshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/legshot64.png" smallicon="skills/legshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the leg. Not the knee -- that's important -- never the knee. Just the leg."/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="18" name="Shot In The Leg"/>
    </buff>
    </spell> 

<spell name="Armshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Legshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/armshot64.png" smallicon="skills/armshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the arm. Or whatever it is that they attack you with; same difference in the long run."/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="18" name="Shot In The Arm"/>
    </buff>
    </spell> 

<spell name="Headshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Armshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/headshot64.png" smallicon="skills/headshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the head. Unlike in most games, this doesn't result in an instant kill. Sorry."/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="12" name="Shot In The Head"/>
    </buff>
    </spell> 

<spell name="Eyeshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Headshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/eyeshot64.png" smallicon="skills/eyeshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the eye. Yeah, the eye. Yeah, it's difficult -- but if you wanted to do something easy, you wouldn't be hunting down a millenia-old undead psychopath buried thousands of feet below ground in a trap-filled dungeon."/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="6" name="Shot In The Eye"/>
    </buff>
    </spell> 

<spell name="Soulshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Eyeshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/soulshot64.png" smallicon="skills/soulshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the soul. How do you hit a soul with a weapon? Seriously, you're worried about hitting a soul with a weapon, but you're not worried about hitting a gelatinous cube in the LEG?"/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="6" name="Shot In The Soul"/>
    </buff>
    </spell> 

<spell name="Check For Soulshot" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Soulshot" spell="Legshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Check For Eyeshot" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Eyeshot" spell="Check For Soulshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Check For Headshot" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Headshot" spell="Check For Eyeshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Check For Armshot" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Armshot" spell="Check For Headshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Start The Cycle" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Legshot" spell="Check For Armshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Deadeye" type="self" icon="skills/warrior/deadshot0_32.png">
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Legshot" spell="Armshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Armshot" spell="Headshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Headshot" spell="Eyeshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Eyeshot" spell="Soulshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Soulshot" spell="Legshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Start The Cycle"/>
      </spell>

The future levels look to be almost this bad, too. :D

12. Essence

Dear God, this is going to need a LOT of icons, mostly for buffs. Anyone with better art skills than me have the time and energy to help out? :)

I need:
    • Ruined Leg/Arm/Head/Eye/Soul
    • Shot In The Leg/Arm/Head/Soul
    • Leg/Arm/Head/Eye/Soul Shot
    • Deadhead/arm/soul
    • Deadhit
    ll name="Ruined Leg" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/ruinedleg64.png" smallicon="skills/ruinedleg32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="6" amount="-25"/>
    <secondarybuff id="8" amount="-15"/>
    <secondarybuff id="7" amount="-5"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Ruined Arm" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/ruinedarm64.png" smallicon="skills/ruinedarm32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="-15"/>
    <secondarybuff id="2" amount="-6"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Ruined Head" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/ruinedhead64.png" smallicon="skills/ruinedhead32.png">
    <primarybuff id="3" amount="-12"/>
    <primarybuff id="2" amount="-24"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Ruined Eye" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/ruinedeye64.png" smallicon="skills/ruinedeye32.png">
    <resistbuff piercing="-20"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Ruined Soul" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/ruinedsoul64.png" smallicon="skills/ruinedsoul32.png">
    <primarybuff id="1" amount="-24"/>
    <primarybuff id="3" amount="-24"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Leg" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/legshot64.png" smallicon="skills/legshot32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="6" amount="-5"/>
    <secondarybuff id="12" amount="-20"/>
    </buff>
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Deadhit" spell="Ruined Leg"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Arm" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/armshot64.png" smallicon="skills/armshot32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="-5"/>
    <secondarybuff id="2" amount="-3"/>
    </buff>
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Deadhit" spell="Ruined Arm"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Head" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="4" icon="skills/headshot64.png" smallicon="skills/headshot32.png">
    <primarybuff id="3" amount="-6"/>
    </buff>
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Deadhit" spell="Ruined Face"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Eye" type="target">
    <effect type="damage" piercing="3" piercingF=".34" secondaryScale="9"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Deadhit" spell="Ruined Eye"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Shot In The Soul" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="1" stacksize="2" icon="skills/soulshot64.png" smallicon="skills/soulshot32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="11" amount="-50"/>
    </buff>
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Deadhit" spell="Ruined Soul"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Legshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Soulshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/legshot64.png" smallicon="skills/legshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the leg. Not the knee -- that's important -- never the knee. Just the leg."/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="18" name="Shot In The Leg"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Armshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Legshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/armshot64.png" smallicon="skills/armshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the arm. Or whatever it is that they attack you with; same difference in the long run."/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="18" name="Shot In The Arm"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Headshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Armshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/headshot64.png" smallicon="skills/headshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the head. Unlike in most games, this doesn't result in an instant kill. Sorry."/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="12" name="Shot In The Head"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Eyeshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Headshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/eyeshot64.png" smallicon="skills/eyeshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the eye. Yeah, the eye. Yeah, it's difficult -- but if you wanted to do something easy, you wouldn't be hunting down a millenia-old undead psychopath buried thousands of feet below ground in a trap-filled dungeon."/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="6" name="Shot In The Eye"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Soulshot" type="self">
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Eyeshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" icon="skills/soulshot64.png" smallicon="skills/soulshot32.png">
    <description text="You shoot people in the soul. How do you hit a soul with a weapon? Seriously, you're worried about hitting a soul with a weapon, but you're not worried about hitting a gelatinous cube in the LEG?"/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="6" name="Shot In The Soul"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Check For Soulshot" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Soulshot" spell="Legshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Check For Eyeshot" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Eyeshot" spell="Check For Soulshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Check For Headshot" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Headshot" spell="Check For Eyeshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Check For Armshot" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Armshot" spell="Check For Headshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Start The Cycle" type="self">
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Legshot" spell="Check For Armshot"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Deadeye" type="self" downtime="1" icon="skills/warrior/deadshot0_32.png">
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Legshot" spell="Armshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Armshot" spell="Headshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Headshot" spell="Eyeshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Eyeshot" spell="Soulshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requiretriggeronbuff="1" requirebuffontriggername="Soulshot" spell="Legshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Start The Cycle"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Deadarm" type="target">
    <buff usetimer="1" time="1" allowstacking="0" icon="skill/deadarm64.png" smallicon="skill/deadarm32.png">
    <multiattack="-1">
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Deadhead" type="target">
    <buff useTimer="1" time="3" self="0" bad="1" stacksize="1" allowStacking="0" icon="skills/deadhead64.png" smallicon="skills/deadhead32.png">
    <secondarybuff id="4" amount="-40"/> <!-- crit -->
    <secondarybuff id="6" amount="-40"/> <!-- dodge -->
    <secondarybuff id="8" amount="-30"/> <!-- counter -->
    <secondarybuff id="7" amount="-20"/> <!-- block -->
    <secondarybuff id="11" amount="-20"/> <!-- resist -->
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Deadeyes" type="target">
    <effect type="blind"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Deadsoul" type="target">
    <buff useTimer="1" time="3" self="0" bad="1" stacksize="1" allowStacking="0" icon="skills/dazed64.png" smallicon="skills/dazed32.png">
    <mute/>
    <secondarybuff id="3" amount="-10"/>
    </buff>

<spell name="Omniscient Strike" downtime="18" type="self" icon="skills/warrior/deadshot1_32.png">
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Legshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Armshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Headshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Eyeshot"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Soulshot"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" attacks="1" icon="skills/warrior/deadshot1_64.png" smallicon="skills/warrior/deadshot1_32.png">
    <description text="Hit ALL The Hitty Places! Once."/>
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="2"/>
    </buff>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Omniscient Strike Removal Trigger"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Deadhit" downtime="42" type="self" icon="skill_deadshot_small.png">
    <buff usetimer="1" time="24" allowstacking="0" icon="skill_deadshot.png" smallicon="skill_deadshot_small.png">
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="3"/>
    <description text="With intense focus on the nirvana of accuracy, you can compound the injuries you deliver to the varied bits of the body that you target. It turns out that the severity of an injury just depends on where you hit!"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

Any takers? :)

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You can say that when the skill tree takes 1.5k+ lines of code.

Because that seems to be the norm for me, for whatever reason (and don't even mention "Crystal Magic")

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. codebracker

codebracker Member

Offtopic, I decided to do a magicka spell tree, that does a spell by combination of 8 elements (in the game you can combine up to 5, with reapeats, but that's overkill, I'm thinking 3), and when I started I suddenly figured out how much code that would actually take, i decided to postpone that untill next summer vacation.

15. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Why are you using targetHitEffectBuff?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Essence

because I want it to go off when you hit things?

17. mining

mining Member

I was working on a 'vancian magic' style tree before I got busy. The templates (i.e. just the tags around each spell and the stuff in skillDB) was about 1.2k lines :\.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Essence

I just realized what Null meant.

I'll go through and add crossbowBuff and thrownBuff tags to all of the various powers, too. :)

[edit]Oh, shit. Those don't work from inside buffs, do they?

19. Essence

Yeah, the rest of Deadshot turned out to be fairly straightforward, actually. I was overcomplicating things in my head. Probably the single spell I have to code up next for Vaults of Maslech is going to be more lines long than all of the new Deadshot was. :)

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Make them trigger from within the skill tree and make them require the buffs to trigger whatever the buff was supposed to?

Or something, I'm not known for being sane but that method does work.