Several bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Miner0, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Miner0

Miner0 Member

Thanks for the excellent game! I felt I wanted to contribute to its development by listing all the buggy or glitchy things I ran into so far. These were all found in 1.0.5, except for the very last one.

1) The "transmutationer" skill, used on a stack of several gems, causes them all to transmute into just one gem of the new type. Should that make as many gems of the new type? (1.0.5)

Currently the simple workaround is to unstack the gems by alt-clicking first.

2) Doesn't something like this: "ItemX(2)" mean there's a stack of 2 of that item? If so, in my last game I was wielding two knobbly staves at once (in one hand), after having used alchemy to create them. I think that's only happened once, can't tell you exactly how, because I only noticed it a bit later. (1.0.5)

3) Is it intentional that if there's more than one monster zoo on a level and you discover one of them, the other is revealed as well, even if it's nowhere close to the first one? And in order to receive rewards, you have to kill all the monsters in that other zoo as well? Doesn't really make sense to me, unless it's a bug, since two challenges should end in two rewards. This has happened several times. (1.0.5)

4) In my last game, I somehow ended up having the "fell power" boost (1 might, 2 critical chance I think) last indefinitely. Sorry can't expound on this. (1.0.5)

5) Should the selling prices of burnt-out and highly entropied wands be considerably lower than those of unused ones? (1.0.5)

6) Should there be a "wait" command that functions like "digest" except you don't have to have eaten anything. Otherwise it's a space-mash-fest. (1.0.5)

7) The thug monsters (forget their name) that get summoned when you piss off Brax can spawn in squares already occupied by another monster (seen this at least once). (1.0.6)

Thanks!

2. Derakon

Derakon Member

That "wielded two staves in one hand" thing is interesting. I'm guessing you did this by selecting the recipe and then running it twice. I don't suppose you got the benefits from the item twice? :)

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

As far as transmutation is concerned, it should EITHER do the whole stack, or just the first item in the stack, leaving the rest as-is. The way it works now is definitely a bug.

The fact that there can be two zoo rooms on a floor is the bug. If you allowed for two separate ones, you'd need two counters. The way the bug works, it's more like there's one zoo that's divided between two different rooms. Personally, I don't mind if the zoos are extra large on occasion, but I don't think it's intended for them to be divided the way they currently are.

I know that some items are stackable that shouldn't be. For example, the Slinky Flail is stackable. I've never, personally, tried to wield them (only reason why I craft more than one is to make a triple-flail).

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I can comment on some of these:
    2) That's strange and like Derakon asked, does it mean you get twice the bonuses? and have you tried unstacking with alt?
    3) That's actually not a bug (well the fact you can get two with one counter, dunno bout the map thing) but they're considering changing how it works in the future.
    4) Known.
    5) Makes sense to me IMO, since the wands are now useless.
    6) This is the longest debate about this game since like... beta :p The bottom line is they want regen to be tied to food, so there's a few things that have been tried. Personally I feel it can still be improved, but the digest button is pretty good.
    7) I believe steps have been taken against monsters being on the player square and monsters stacking, I guess it can still happen rarely.

5. Miner0

Miner0 Member

No, didn't double the bonuses. And I already lost the character without having tried unstacking, so I don't know if it works.

Thanks for the replies (to everyone)

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

No, Daynab, they have said many times that there is only supposed to be one zoo on a level.
    I don't know where you heard that it wasn't a bug. Do you have a link? Because I can provide proof that they said multiple times it's a bug. They've been trying to fix it for several versions now.
    The first time people complained about it, they said they would fix it. Before Patch 1.03 I think.
    They tried to fix it in 1.04/1.05 and it didn't work.
    You are the first person to say it's not a bug.
    They would never want more than one zoo on a level to spawn. Mostly due to how buggy that is already. :)

7. Bushwhacker2k

Bushwhacker2k Member

1) Ooph, this happened to me, needless to say it has not happened again. I hope they fix this, nasty surprise for any alchemy pack-rats.

2) I wasn't aware Knobby Staves could be created in stacks, I thought the count maximized at 1. I DID know you could create multiple aluminum tubes though, haven't done so yet though. If I had to guess I'd say you probably only got the benefits from one of the staves.

Oh, that could be it (using the recipe twice before removing the first created staff).

3) Sounds like you probably had a glitch where the zoo counter stops counting (happens on loading, entering a different floor and possibly other things) because I DO think zoos are separate.

4) Not 100% on this, but are you sure it wasn't just a buff that ran out when you hit enough enemies (as opposed to a timed buff that runs out after a certain number of turns have passed)?

5) I'd guess so, haven't checked though.

6) For what purpose? Regenerating health/mana quicker? Meh, I think we're not supposed to sit there spamming the space bar to go back to full health.

7) I've seen a few monsters overlap before (even with me occasionally), not sure what causes it.

8. Daynab

The double-zoo in itself is a feature, not a bug. However it still needs them to be tracked individually (so you get two rewards, two counters and so they both don't appear on the minimap at the same time.) Source is Nvining earlier today and just now (confirmed to make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass:))

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Then why have they specifically said that they wanted to fix it so only one zoo was on a level.
    I'm sorry, this doesn't make any sense. I can provide proof that they said it was a bug. It will take awhile but I will show you that the creators/Admins here said it was a bug that needed to be fixed.
    I remember this from quite a long time ago. Before the forum changed to it's rather awkward layout. Before Patch 1.03, I believe, they were talking about fixing it. And when 1.03 came out, and it still happened, they still claimed it was a bug.
    I'm not going crazy, I assure you.
    And who is Nvining?
    I know of no one by that name here.

I just find it extremely unlikely they would say a bug is now a feature. That's a very awkward game design choice.. :)
    Especially since I remember the bigger complaints awhile ago. I may have disappeared from this forum for a while, but I'm not insane.
    And it's not a very good thing for it to be not a bug either.
    One zoo per floor makes sense.
    Two makes zero.

I'm not trying to be insane. I'm not.
    But they said it was a bug, before you were a moderator. :)

10. Daynab

Sorry, I forgot he didn't go by that name here; Nicholas Vining, the one who codes DoD. He goes just by Nicholas here.
    They might have indeed mentioned they were going to remove it but decided against it a while back. I'm sure it's still in the air.

11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, that is just confusing. But thank you for not getting angry. I can come across as insane, even though I am not. I hope. :(
    I get a little defensive sometimes and I really don't mean to be.
    I just remember it being a big deal back then.

12. Miner0

Miner0 Member

Daynab (above) says it's a known bug.

At current, if your character is a weakling wizard and you've run out of food, waiting seems like the only option. But if you do just wait around monsters will eventually be generated in your vicinity it seems. Meaning it hardly feels like cheating or exploitation. So if that's kept as it is, a "wait" command would still be inferior to eating and "digesting" food. It's only to automate a repetative task.

13. Bushwhacker2k

Bushwhacker2k Member

I guess I don't disagree there, still I think it would defeat the purpose of the digest button. In early levels (especially 1) I find myself using gargoyle traps to off enemies a lot, it saves mana and if you do it correctly it's 0 risk against solo non-spell-casters.